Labor day weekend - 2018 Impromptu Oregon Coast Get Together?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

traveler451

Reaction score
His Everyone,

I am traveling in my little Scamp for the next few weeks in Organ and Washington.  Tomorrow (Friday August 31, 2018) I am going to be at the Port of Tillamook Bay RV Park by the Airport Museum (no hooks but there is a bathroom and water as I understand it).  I talked with Josh (at the RV park) and he said that, as of today, there were only 2 RVs there.  He did not expect it to fill up this year for the Labor Day weekend.  I wanted to go to the formal GTG on July 24 at this location but just couldn't make it.  So, I will camp here as part of this trip.  If any of you want to join me, I'll be there all weekend.  Look me up.  I have a brown Toyota Tundra Truck and a 16' Scamp.  Perhaps I will see you there...or perhaps we will meet at the next RTR.  Have a great RV life!  :)  

David

Just a quick note, this is called the Tillamook airport and RV Park. It's $15 a night, no hookups. I can see the air museum from my campsite but you actually have to go around to 101 and come in the back way through the airport. Hope to see a few of you here. I'm checked in and settled in to site B8.

Thanks for the offer. Sounds grand. One of these summers I'll get up to the Northwest. Currently on mountain in NM.

Thanks for the response big Sally's mom. I appreciate it. I recognize that this was very last minute but was hoping to get a few more responses. I'm looking to connect with the tribe and finding it difficult to do so. Hopefully, I will be able to meet a few of the folks at the RTR and establish some connections there. Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out. Have a great time in the mountains!
David

Hi David, welcome ... I don't have a van yet but hope to go to the RTR in my car with a tent. I'm in Idaho but am not ready to take a trip to the Oregon coast...