Zerobreeze

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerD

Reaction score
You can get $100 off using the coupon code s8NwpYUI5U.

https://zerobreeze.com

I sent them a message saying I would buy now at a price point of $500...$150 off for the basic setup.

See what they say.

I will probably buy for $550 ($100 off) and test if I can't get for $150 off.

I have seen mixed reviews for the unit. However, from what I have seen, the negative reviews come from the very early versions.

I would look at these from a physic's point of view. how much can it actually cool if it's dumping the heat in the same space it's trying to cool?

just a thought.

highdesertranger

12v icy breeze cooler ac is a good one to check out also....might suit someone :) has youtube van use as review but with the zero breeze they say the venting is key to not let heat back into the van

highdesertranger said:
I would look at these from a physic's point of view.  how much can it actually cool if it's dumping the heat in the same space it's trying to cool?

just a thought.

highdesertranger

It has a pipe that attaches to it so you can pump the hot air out from the area the unit is in.

gsfish said:
RogerD, what is your intended use? How will you power and recharge?

Should be a buyers market for sure this time of year.

This subject has come up several times. My favorite quote from their website is " It can cool the environment temperature down from 90℉ to 72℉ in a 50 square feet space" (a few years ago they were claiming down to 44f in same statement). Not much detail there as in how long it took, insulation of environment, outside ambient, height of ceiling... Note that statement indicates a space about 7'X7', less than two sheets of plywood.
https://vanlivingforum.com/showthread.php?tid=19177&highlight=zero+breeze
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...olest-portable-air-condit?ref=profile_starred

Guy

I'm fully aware of the specs and have read / watched videos of probably everything that exists on it over the past year.

"It has a pipe that attaches to it so you can pump the hot air out from the area the unit is in"

ah I see the first ones didn't have that. let us know how it works out.

highdesertranger

RogerD,

Do you plan on using this in areas with high humidity? If so you may end up with a puddle.

They provide a drain tube. You can set it up so it drains into a container, into a sink or out an opening to the exterior.

gsfish said:
It can cool the environment temperature down from 90℉ to 72℉ in a 50 square feet space" (a few years ago they were claiming down to 44f in same statement).
Guy

That would be sufficient for partitioning off a section such as the bed area. That is just enough of a space to keep cooled down for preventing getting heat stroke during the hottest part of the day in extreme weather when you are staying in one of the cooler regions. Even the mountains in the NW can get extreme heat for a few days now and again. Take a nap, read a book, avoid exertion, drink fluids, etc. For some heat sensitive persons it could literally be a life saver.

maki2 said:
That would be sufficient for partitioning off a section such as the bed area. That is just enough of a space to keep cooled down for preventing getting heat stroke during the hottest part of the day in extreme weather when you are staying in one of the cooler regions. Even the mountains in the NW can get extreme heat for a few days now and again. Take a nap, read a book, avoid exertion, drink fluids, etc. For some heat sensitive persons it could literally be a life saver.

That's the plan...section off the bed area.

I would stay away from it, like someone mention there is no way to remove the heat it produces. Its 14 volts at close to 200 watts, the heat comes out of the sides. You would have to place it outside and somehow only have the small fan output pointing inside to you. At 200 watts it will heat up your interior space faster then it can cool it. The new version to me looks like the old version, the air exhaust hose probably will need insulation around it to prevent the heat from coming back into the space being cooled. In my van even my small laptop (70 watts) will produce enough heat that I just turn it off during the hottest part of the day, I even got rid of my 12 volt fridge because it was putting out too much heat when the compressor was running, nowhere near 200 watts.

In alot of the pictures they use, they have the zerobreeze outside. I wanted to get one but I couldn't get over the 14 amps it uses. My solar panel maxes out at 12 amps it was too much for my system.

gsfish said:
I'm interested to hear how it works out for you. Will be good to hear a review from a 'real person'. I'm pretty wary of the internet people.

Guy

He says to a person on the internet.

jonyjoe303 said:
I would stay away from it, like someone mention there is no way to remove the heat it produces. Its 14 volts at close to 200 watts, the heat comes out of the sides. You would have to place it outside and somehow only have the small fan output pointing inside to you. At 200 watts it will heat up your interior space faster then it can cool it. The new version to me looks like the old version, the air exhaust hose probably will need insulation around it to prevent the heat from coming back into the space being cooled. In my van even my small laptop (70 watts) will produce enough heat that I just turn it off during the hottest part of the day, I even got rid of my 12 volt fridge because it was putting out too much heat when the compressor was running, nowhere near 200 watts.

In alot of the pictures they use, they have the zerobreeze outside. I wanted to get one but I couldn't get over the 14 amps it uses. My solar panel maxes out at 12 amps it was too much for my system.

The site states 120-150 watts max.

There is an exhaust pipe that attaches to it to pump the heat out of the area the unit is in. If it needs to be insulated, not a big deal.

I'm not worried a bit about having the power to run it.

Color me skeptical. Simple physics means that it takes a LOT of energy to remove heat from the air. If it could be done simply and cheaply, everyone and his brother would already be doing it.

I look forward to a real-world test, though.

For what it's worth, they're finalizing the Zero Breeze Mark II. Rated at 2300 BTU, it now has a dual tube exhaust/intake system. Their Web site doesn't mention the price.

does one single vandweller even own one of these overpriced doorstops?

several people got all excited about them and said they were going to try one. but I can't recall anybody ever posting a follow up. highdesertranger

I had ordered one for my son but after reading reviews and watching youtubes I cancelled the order. He went with a generator and a portable ac unit we can port out the front window for when AC is needed.