Your Quartsite Questions

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hwy 95 & Main St.
DSCN1725.JPG

Big Tent (background)
DSCN1724.JPG

Tyson Wells market
DSCN1729.JPG

Something for everyone
DSCN1738.JPG
DSCN1748.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN1725.JPG
    DSCN1725.JPG
    340.8 KB · Views: 16
  • DSCN1724.JPG
    DSCN1724.JPG
    402 KB · Views: 17
  • DSCN1729.JPG
    DSCN1729.JPG
    332.5 KB · Views: 15
  • DSCN1738.JPG
    DSCN1738.JPG
    449.8 KB · Views: 19
  • DSCN1748.JPG
    DSCN1748.JPG
    330.5 KB · Views: 17
I was able to get a good enough signal to post the last pics, so I hope my luck holds out this time.

Mac, I'm not sure what kind of stuff you'd like to see, so these are just random things from our bike rides.
Hope everyone likes seeing them.

ATV beer break at Silly Al's
DSCN1757 - Copy.JPG

They fry about anything, including Twinkies
DSCN1740.JPG

Adult Daycare
adult daycare.JPG

Something for the ladies too
DSCN1731.JPG

We'll be going over to the Big Tent later...we'll get some pics of some of the big fancy rigs and the other things happening there.

Attachments

• DSCN1757 - Copy.JPG
    DSCN1757 - Copy.JPG
    527.7 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCN1740.JPG
    DSCN1740.JPG
    391.6 KB · Views: 9
  • adult daycare.JPG
    adult daycare.JPG
    508.3 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCN1731.JPG
    DSCN1731.JPG
    444.9 KB · Views: 11
Thank you to all that have shared their pictures.

I must have spent half my time at Quartzsite alternating among McDonalds, Carl's Jr, and Burger King. Of the 3 fast food joints, McDonalds has the best public restrooms because it's larger and cleaner. Carl's Jr's restroom was the worst, followed by Burger Kings. In my last day at Q, I stopped into Pilot gas station to check out Dairy Queens and Subway sandwiches. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the Pilot gas station has a really decent restroom that's large and clean. Plus there is also a separate area for taking showers in enclosed and private rooms. I don't know what the fee is for the showers, but it seemed pretty cool.

On another note, it was a new experience for me buying groceries at stores with names such as The Dollar Store and The General Store. I would have never though such stores would sell groceries, as I usually go to Safeway, Trader Joe's, etc. I did in fact cooked food at the campsite with my camping stove on a few occasions. I didn't want anyone to think I ate strictly junk food at McDonalds, haha! Well, let me clarify, I didn't cook meals from scratch. I simply bought semi-frozen foods that were already prepared (ie: Chicken Alfredo pasta, etc), and I only needed to heat it up for 15 minutes.

By the way, I spent a couple hours yesterday cleaning off all the sand and dust from around my van doors, especially the rear doors. For some reason, I noticed most of the Quartszite dust settled on the rear of the roof and covered the top of the back doors. So every time I opened the rear doors, more dust and sand kept seeping through. The side doors also had a bit of dust around the bottom. This was even after I went to the car wash. Dust galore!

I should clarify. I travelled home via 95 north to 40 west and found a self serve car wash at a small town along the way. Don't remember exactly where.

yes that fine powder gets into every nook and cranny good thing not to be too much of a neat freak, hope the ride back was easier, personally I could have stayed another month but not in the quartzsite area I will never never take that much stuff on the road ever ever again. tear down and rebuild. lean and mean, vendors I talked to discouraged me to no end permits and fees permits and more fees plus you gotta kiss some serious ass.

Adrian,

You back? Go to Joshua Tree? Are peeps still at Q or they mostly left?

Yeah, I already lightened my load by 1/2 the weight. I can now do about 50mph up 280N freeway, whereas before I was barely doing 35mph.

I agree with ya, no more hauling so much stuff. Waaay too much stuff and weight for travelling up the long hills.

I need to get another car wash. Still have Quartzsite dust around my wheels.