yet another story about our travels if ya ain't tired of em yet..

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Back in the late 90's, Kids and I went to Pom De Terr state park, our favorite MO place. We were coming from NW Ohio for a few weeks on the road.<br>&nbsp;It got to snowing so we found a little pay by the week motel near the park.<br>The maint man there was named Nick. Turns out he was a van dweller too.In the winter months he lived in a room at the motel and did the cleaning and so on for his board. Nick befriended us and spent the next 5 days giving us the tour of the area.<br>Everything was "About 5 miles"..He took us around to see the Mennonite areas and would kick back at night, have supper in our room with us and watch tv. <br><br>(i know, i was so trusting LOL)<br><br>The day before we left the area to head home, we all went to the state park and slept there. we started out in sleeping bags by the fire, then it started raining. so in the middle of the night we packed ourselves in my van. Nick too..on the floor with the 3 dogs.<br><br>The next day Nick comes to me and hands me a paper plate, with a piece of pound cake on it..and a "spoon" ring made from a nail. He asked me to marry him.<br><br>&nbsp;hehehe..it gets better..<br><br>Nick wanted me to meet his friend who lived up near Kansas city, on our way home.<br>"Friend" was a survivalist prepper too. <br>So i pack up the kids and head up that way, got a hotel room and called "Kieth".<br>He drove 1.5 hrs to meet me and we sat in the hotel lobby talking and drinking coffee half the night. (kids in room next to lobby, desk clerk on all night).<br><br>Keith tells me he is a member of the Johnson and Johnson Family, lives in the hills and is prepping for Y2K. Then he tells me about how his wife left him and their 4 sons, to follow a man who was a self styled preacher..that she and this man and a few others had settled in SE Ohio and some time after that this same man was imprisoned for killing a whole family. Also, said wife would not return to Keith, but instead, stayed in Ohio so she could be near this murderer on death row.<br>(Keith was an LPN and a classy guy.)<br>&nbsp;Even so I sort of didn't know what to make of his story. Wished him well and we both went on our way.<br><br>Fast Forward to 2004:<br><br>I am laying in bed at the farm watching "Cold Case Files"..<br>The story that night was about what Keith had told me, to the letter..and included a picture of him in it..on TV..in the story.<br>