Yet Another Intro

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hipsterreplacement

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I learned of this site through Bob's excellent and informative videos on YouTube. I've spent a lot of time for the last month watching other folks' experiences as well. I'm experienced car camping in a 1997 Dodge Grand Caravan and now doing it in a 2005 Chrysler Town & Country. But I've never stealth camped or boondocked and I'd like to read more and ask questions about it so that I can feel more safe and comfortable doing it as needed.

Welcome to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Is there a thread for advice on buying RVs/trailers used? I’ve never bought a vehicle from a stranger before so I’m afraid of getting rooked. Plus while one can hire a mechanic to look at a car, I don’t know who one hires to check out the RV/toy hauler type stuff that could go wrong, esp roof integrity.

first off what area are you in? I would ask the question, does anyone know an RV tech in ...........? highdesertranger

I'm currently in SoCal, but I'm trying hard to find rigs in NorCal, where the trailer park is, so I don't have to hassle with as long a drive (or delivery). What area should I ask that question in, though? I don't want to be off-topic.