Wood pizza oven

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treesprite

Reaction score
Well, I want a wood stove with a window so it's like a fireplace, but they are so expensive. I think perhaps I would be willing to do without the window to get a lower price on a wood stove if I could use the thing to have  pizza  in random places.  I'd still rather have the fireplace than the pizza, but it might be a reasonable compromise with the lower price. Not sure why the pizza ovens are cheaper, but in general they do seem to be.

Sorry to tell you tnis but the shape and design principals used for a pizza oven are not going to make a good wood stove for heating.

Forget the pizza oven in a vehicle, and get a woodstove. Build an enclosed steel box that you can place on top of your stove for baking a pizza. You may not have the same flavor, but you'll have a much better heating source, and a removeable pizza box oven.

Burn bans.

I was thinking of going with a wood stoves but between the price, the space needed for installation and not being able to use during burn bans I decided against it.

Highdesertranger