Wonder what fan this is?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freerollin'

Reaction score
Does anyone know what kind of fan the below picture is?  I was hoping to eventually get a fantastic or maxxair fan, but this one doesn't look like either of them really, but very similar.  Anyway, I can get it for a pretty good deal (my buddy goes into all these RV places and he asked what they would sell it to him for and it seems pretty good to me).   But I can't figure out what kind it is (he will ask next week but would rather know before so I can just have him buy it if it's a decent option).  Thank you, and thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_3327.jpg
    IMG_3327.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 32
What looks like the logo is too blurry read, however it does not fit Max Air or fantastic fan. Wth maxair and FF, you are paying for some bells and whistles, possibly for quality, but a generic fan like in pic would certainly serve the purpose. Make sure dimensions match standard so don't end up with an odd sie hole in the roof...

Is it metal or plastic? If you buy it, don't get clever and have the opening facing forward.

I have actually figured out it IS a Maxxair!!  My buddy that sent me the photo showed me a close up of the photo on his phone tonight and it says Maxxfan.   After some further research I think it is a maxxair maxxfan 4000 series or something.   This one at etrailer looks very similar.
http://www.etrailer.com/RV-Vents-an...UoTIsHi5V1s7LnKIFb4modFCWs7sNugYaOhoCcjHw_wcB   

So I think I'll go for it!!   (Now I just have to gain the courage to install it!)

I have a Maxxair fan, but it has multiple speeds and reversing of the airflow. I find the multiple speeds to be very beneficial under different conditions. The fan reversing is also a good feature when you want to bring fresh air into the van.

If you can live with a single speed unidirectional fan, the quality is good for the price.