Women Only: Pre-WRTR plans?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hollis87

Reaction score
Hi. 
I’m headed to WRTR & RTR. I’m leaving NorCal the end of December and heading down toward Parker, AZ. I have a $5 a night BLM campsite reserved, literally right on the Colorado River, for almost a week before the WRTR, other than that I’ll be dispersed camping/Boondocking on the way down there. 

I’m 56 yr old woman, it’ll be my 1st RTR and I don’t know anyone yet! I travel in a sweet 21ft Chinook with my big dog. I have years and years of traveling and camping experience, but this will be my first time really living in my RV full time. 

It’d be great to hook up with other women who share similar plans before the WRTR. 
Looking forward to this experience. 
Peace,
Hollis

Hi, Hollis. Keep in touch. I'm 60 and traveling with my Golden. I just shifted some plans to be able to make WRTR/RTR so I am definite for both and looking forward to meeting other women travelers, as well. I'm having a great time . I hope you are. Peace

Yes for sure, let’s keep in touch! Where are you departing from?
H

Hello Hollis, I will be traveling from the Sacramento area around the same time. This will be my second year at the WRTR/RTR and I don’t have any set plans so far.
I’m 61yrs young, fulltimer for 1 year and loving it. I live in a full size van and travel with 5 pounds of energy named Pepper. I’d welcome good company or at least knowing a friendly face when arriving in AZ this year. I was in survival mode last year (having only been in the van only 2 weeks prior- so no solar, vent etc) and failed miserably at making connections.

I’ll be free by then to meet up. I’m in a van/TT and I travel with my cat. He has strict instructions to stay inside.

Hi Hollis, I will be attending the WRTR  and RTR as well. Although I'm used to camping and the outdoors, am new to full-timing. Waiting for the temperatures to cool down a bit in the desert, I am in Kansas and will probably head southwest in November.  Will be boondocking along the way and looking forward to meeting other nomad ladies. Safe travels.

Hi, Ladies

No need to spend the Holidays alone. I believe Christmas will be held in Ehrenberg. I plan to be there and then on to WRTR and on to RTR. My cell is 225-55-5857. I'm excited but call if you feel hesitant. I don't mind...:)

Liv

Hey Liv, I think this number might be missing a digit.....

The Dire Wolfess

I'm in TX but planning on being in L.A. early December and don't necessarily want to drive buck to TX and then back to AZ so I'm gonna be looking for campsites and such. Would love to stay around other female campers. I'll check here regularly for updates. I like the idea of hanging at Ehrenberg until it's time to head to WRTR/RTR. Hope to meet y'all along the way!! R

Hi rosie, I will be in L.A. around that time too, and getting ready for the RTR, maybe we can explore camping sites together.
Rolling Om

RollingOm said:
Hi rosie, I will be in L.A. around that time too, and getting ready for the RTR, maybe we can explore camping sites together.
Rolling Om

Hi! Sorry, completely missed this post!! 

My plan is to head towards AZ Dec 9th or 10th. I'm trying to find campsites along the way from LA but it's so confusing.  I am completely new at this! Plus at this point I only have a tent. Hoping to have a van by then but not sure it'll happen. I've read in a post that some folks plan to be in Ehrenberg, AZ sometime in Nov. This will be my first WRTR/RTR and so looking forward to it.

Yes, it would be great to partner up with other women so we can travel together and help keep each other safe. There's safety in numbers. 

If you're in LA around Dec 6th or Dec 8th I'll be in 2 comedy shows at Tao Comedy Studio, 131 S Western Ave LA 90004. 

Anyways, let's all keep in touch ladies and maybe several of us can travel together. That would be so fun!! Let's keep each other posted and we can exchange numbers as time gets closer. See y'all soon!

7E18CEC9-322A-4848-B98B-C6448D18821C.jpegSooooo.. I’m adding an addition to my original post. 

I’m tired of waiting to go, I need to be out there... I have to attend a conference in NOLA in mid October, when I’m back from that I’m free to roam for a while. 

So, I was planning on attending Jamie’s Van Build in November, more to meet others as I really don’t need much done on my rig. (Was gonna get shelving installed) But now with the news of the Caravans beginning, I’m leaning toward joining up with the one beginning late October by the Salton Sea in SoCal. It’s cool to have options! 

I also think it’d be fun to watch the 1st ever giant nomadic caravans of the USA begin. I mean the entertainment factor is going to be awesome. I just wanna roll out my awning, pull out my chair and watch it all unfold. There is nothing better than a desert sunset, a cold drink, a bunch of chairs in a circle with people listening to others share their stories and get to know each other. 

After a few weeks out there I need to head back to the Bay Area to tie up some loose ends and be with my grandson for the holiday over Thanksgiving and then I’ll head out again for the WRTR & RTR, possibly sticking to my pre-plans of Colorado River BLM spot, or maybe joining back up with a caravan or even doing Christmas in Ehrenberg with seasoned nomads like Liv. 

Waking up this morning to Bob’s Caravan video was awesome. 
I’m attaching a pic of my lil’ rig and my big dog. 
If you see me out there, stop by and say hello!
✌? 
Hollis

Attachments

• 7E18CEC9-322A-4848-B98B-C6448D18821C.jpeg
    7E18CEC9-322A-4848-B98B-C6448D18821C.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 38
Hollis87 said:
Sooooo.. I’m adding an addition to my original post. 

I’m tired of waiting to go, I need to be out there... I have to attend a conference in NOLA in mid October, when I’m back from that I’m free to roam for a while. 

So, I was planning on attending Jamie’s Van Build in November, more to meet others as I really don’t need much done on my rig. (Was gonna get shelving installed) But now with the news of the Caravans beginning, I’m leaning toward joining up with the one beginning late October by the Salton Sea in SoCal. It’s cool to have options! 

I also think it’d be fun to watch the 1st ever giant nomadic caravans of the USA begin. I mean the entertainment factor is going to be awesome. I just wanna roll out my awning, pull out my chair and watch it all unfold. There is nothing better than a desert sunset, a cold drink, a bunch of chairs in a circle with people listening to others share their stories and get to know each other. 

After a few weeks out there I need to head back to the Bay Area to tie up some loose ends and be with my grandson for the holiday over Thanksgiving and then I’ll head out again for the WRTR & RTR, possibly sticking to my pre-plans of Colorado River BLM spot, or maybe joining back up with a caravan or even doing Christmas in Ehrenberg with seasoned nomads like Liv. 

Waking up this morning to Bob’s Caravan video was awesome. 
I’m attaching a pic of my lil’ rig and my big dog. 
If you see me out there, stop by and say hello!
✌? 
Hollis

NICE!

I love that green on your rig!

Just bought myself a pop-up. I hope it's not too windy in AZ in December, don't want to get blown away. Anyways, I'm hoping to be in Ehrenberg for Christmas. Myself and my sister will be camping together.

Look forward to meeting some of you women that are living the dream!!

Until then, Rosie

I’m back from the conference in New Orleans.
I’m heading out, from the Bay Area, on Monday, Nov. 29th toward the Anza Borrego caravan site.

Going to take my time and boondock a couple nights on the way down. I’m planning on spending the entire 14 days there - unless I decide to go to Jamie’s Ban Build for a few days. If I do stay the whole 14 days I’ll probably head to Yuma for another few days with the caravan before heading back to the Bay Area to have Thanksgiving and pack up my little apartment and my life as I enter into this new chapter.

I’ve been planning this for over a year! I’ve done everything I can do to be ready. I’ve got my vehicle in 100% excellent condition. I’ve upgraded it to fit my needs. I’ve put almost 3,000 miles on it in an array of long camping/traveling test trips. I have a healthy, emergency back up fund saved up and in the bank.

Even with all the planning, I am well aware that things will pop up and that’s part of the adventure. My problem solving skills, from years of doing social service crisis work, will come in handy!
I’m excited it’s finally and actually happening now!

I’d like to thank all the women who have replied to this post. It gives me faith that I’m not alone and it gives me a sense of this new community, although only virtual at the moment, it truly helps as I go through this transition.

See you out there!
? Beep, beep!
H

Around that time we'll probably be around Laughlin due to granparents being out there, but will head to Havasau and Q shortly after.

Hello Hollis
My name is Olivia AKA laddeblaze. I am also 56 just retired. hoping to meet you at the WRTR. Right now I'm in a Subaru. I have not decided if I want to be in a van or class C. It is a blessing to find like minded women. Strong women are hard to find, even if they are not strong...strong acting women. I am giddy with the thought of adventure and anticipation.
Be safe on your trip!!!