Women Only Forum: RTR - who’s going?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samanthajday

Reaction score
So I’m a full time, early 40’s, and heading to the RTR this year for the first time.

While everything I read just says “turn up, park, it will be cool”, I’d really appreciate a buddy or two who either knows the roaps or wants to figure it out together.

I’m noisy, I need to run a generator every 2-3 days for about 4 hours, but obviously I’d do that during the day.

I like a beer or 3, but I’m not obnoxious.

I am a late night person but obviously very comfortable with my own company, so I’m quiet happy to say goodnight to company at 8pm.

I’d like to have some buddies to meet around that area before I drive on to site, but I’ll be flying my Yorkshire flag (see below) on my rig (I’m British which is also another clue if we meet there), and I’m open to meeting ladies, and couples (I’ll happily talk to guys too, but I’d prefer it if they let me approach them, rather than they come knocking on my door).

I also have two Yorkshire Terriers with me.

Anyway, just thought I’d see who was going and see if there was anyone in the same boat of nerves and excitement ?

Attachments

• 11A41F1B-AC13-4F89-8DF1-36E2DBE541E5.jpeg
    11A41F1B-AC13-4F89-8DF1-36E2DBE541E5.jpeg
    89.1 KB · Views: 17
Hi Samantha -
I wanted to respond to let you know I'm having the same thoughts as you are.  Nervous and excited but this will also be my first time.  I feel from the posts here on this forum that there will be a lot of good, kind and helpful people already there, so I personally am going to wing it and ask for advice when I get there.  It will be fun to meet other solo women rv'rs like myself.  
I hope an RTR'r with previous experience responds with any pointers that can help us!
I will look out for you and say HI although I probably won't be able to get there until possibly the 15th or 16th.  I hope you have a safe trip.

There will be a lot of us newbies there this year. My only concern is to follow Mr. Wells rules and be polite. I have wheels, I can always move or leave if I want to. We aren't a captive audience. My guess from previous experience in large gatherings is that there will be groups of lifelong friends and lots of people making friends and that the days will pass by too quickly. We're gonna have a good time :)

Hey Samanthajday,
We'll be in a class A RV.
This is our second RTR.
Last year we parked two washes away from the main area.
We too, run a generator, only about 30 min in the morning, but still did not want to annoy people with that.

You'll be fine!
Last year, we just drove in parked and joined the crowd!

Looking forward to meeting you.

Excited and a little anxious, but so looking forward to this. I'm easy to find, look for the flamingo. First time for me, too.

I will be going for my first time too. Had planned on caravaning with another friend but now she might not be able to go.  Will most likely have a quiet generator and need to run it just long enough to recharge my batteries.  Don't like crowds so quite nervous.  Hope to make some van friends.  Look for me in the white van....lol.  I have a wood cane I use always. And taking my elderly little dog. He is never loose.    Say hi if you see me please.

Im going to RTR and looking forward to the women’s event.. You will have fun and meet a lot of great people.. Greyhairlady AKA Melody

IMG_4959.JPGIMG_5097.JPG
I'm going! Second RTR, and still lots more to learn. Really looking forward to going again!
I'm slightly noisy...dogs bark if they hear something or see a rabbit.
Non-smoking of any kind.
I've been fixing up an old travel trailer, so I still need more stuff for that. Hoping to be able to get stuff for it in Quartzsite. Plus it's just fun to shop in Q. 

Lisa - late sixties
Canine co-pilots Maka and Mimi
94 Dodge Ram 350 van, high top
71 Yellowstone 19' travel trailer

Attachments

• IMG_4959.JPG
    IMG_4959.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5097.JPG
    IMG_5097.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 7