Wire audio, is correct or not!?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welding wire (second link) is the first choice for power installs............But your "shiney" wire is pure copper...... installed and sized for a 40 Amp load with a One-way distance of 15 feet

Hopefully the terminations are crimped solid copper and not a "set-screw"

It's been a Loooooong time since I've seen that much frame RUST

Welding wire (second link) is the first choice for power installs............But your "shiney" wire is pure copper...... installed and sized for a 40 Amp load with a One-way distance of 15 feet

Hopefully the terminations are crimped solid copper and not a "set-screw"

It's been a Loooooong time since I've seen that much frame RUST
Hello,

So, no issues with wire temperature? Because the second wire support -50 °C to +105 °C and not the first.

Yes the terminaisons are solid.

Thanks

Interesting. That is the same way I ran my House Battery cable back from my continuous duty solenoid. The starter battery is located close to the continuous duty solenoid that activates only when the engine is running. The alternator cable was extended across the engine bay (to where the battery is now on the left side) 4 ft shielded in plastic split conduit to the solenoid.

I know everyone will have their thoughts on this but this is the way I'm approaching it. I followed Bob and Brian's Youtube video explaining
this procedure. Only difference is that I relocated my battery from the right side of the van to the left. (where another battery tray already exist) Most of my build (more permanent stuff) will be on the left side of the Van.

37 minute video

Installing a continuous duty solenoid