Window replacement help in Florida..???

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GotSmart said:
That was not done by any professional.

You got that right  for sure ... And was aware of that. When I bought the Van .. However the price was right at the time and figured I could fix it eventuatlly

Shift Chick said:
Hi,
I'm in dire need of replacing the windows in my 1994 Ford Cargo Van. Survived the hurricane
windows are NOT designed for the van and won't close and they leak..with winter coming and RTR  hopes.. I can not  go with these windows as they are.
Anyone in the TampaBay area or drive able location who has tools and strength that might work with me.. found two locations I can pick up used Windows ( limited budget)
Please PM me if it's something you might feel like doing !!!
Peace !
Spark

Hi All!! 
A very happy holiday wish to you and an update... Though I will not make the RTR this year I have updated my windows just in time for a serious cold spurt .. Geoengineering et all..
I see all of you happy warm and full of joy for this upcoming year!!
Spark

Attachments

• IMG_20180101_172404.jpg
    IMG_20180101_172404.jpg
    827 KB
  • IMG_20180101_172352.jpg
    IMG_20180101_172352.jpg
    915.1 KB
That looks nice.  What are the inserts made of?

Jewellann

So now after dealing with Geico insurance and trying to get a van window installed since 9/27/18 one was finally found and arrived here a week ago this last  Friday.  So today when it could finally be installed it was the wrong window.  I contacted Glass Seekers and spoke with Susan who is very nice and knows her businness.  She ordered the window from the part number she was given by GEICO   :mad:
The window I need is for the passenger side slider door, it is a permanent none opening window,  41 1/4in wide and 22 1/2in tall.

I have been on the phone with Geico long enough to find this thread.  I think the only thing the big conversion van windows are good for is to let in heat and light.    

I am near Ft. Rucker Al.   I would like to know who  did it and how the windows on this Ford van were replaced if possible.  Some of the glass guys around here have visibly cringed when I've said that I'll get a hammer, a big tarp and then some plywood and my Ryobi drill and fix it myself.  Well I know that I no longer have the strenth to do it.  But I can dream can't I?

JewellAnn

So now after dealing with Geico insurance and trying to get a van window installed since 9/27/18 one was finally found and arrived here a week ago this last  Friday.  So today when it could finally be installed it was the wrong window.  I contacted Glass Seekers and spoke with Susan who is very nice and knows her businness.  She ordered the window from the part number she was given by GEICO   :mad:
The window I need is for the passenger side slider door, it is a permanent none opening window,  41 1/4in wide and 22 1/2in tall.

I have been on the phone with Geico long enough to find this thread.  I think the only thing the big conversion van windows are good for is to let in heat and light.    

I am near Ft. Rucker Al.   I would like to know who  did it and how the windows on this Ford van were replaced if possible.  Some of the glass guys around here have visibly cringed when I've said that I'll get a hammer, a big tarp and then some plywood and my Ryobi drill and fix it myself.  Well I know that I no longer have the strenth to do it.  But I can dream can't I?

JewellAnn

Latest posts