Back with a Fire Sale SOLD!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ByeBye

Reaction score
Hey ya, folks!
I haven't been active here much since the pandemic panic gathered momentum.

Have visited some, lurking to see if folks I knew were still around and to just revisit my nomad roots.

I'm back to see if there's interest from someone about buying my camping rig.

3 months ago I had a fuel line leak and subsequent significant engine fire, in southern most Utah, where the rig is now, parked at an acquaintance's home.

The last 3 months have been a rollercoaster ride of sorts, to say the least.

I believe selling the rig, as is, suits me best, considering all personal circumstances.

The truck was running great when fire occurred, has 145k mi and I am the second owner.

Circumstances, beyond the scope of this post, had me eventually traveling back East, just a few days after the fire, and I am just now intending to return to UT to sell the rig

The camper was not damaged at all and body damage seems limited to some melted plastic pieces.

Without doing much research I am guestimating $5000 worth of work would need to be done if hired out. Maybe $2500 apiece for parts/labor

I'll have a better idea of that once in UT.

I am posting this here first because I would love to see a Nomad from CRVL enjoy this rig as much as I have.

With freshened engine, different wheel/tire setup, windows upgrade and some interior tweaks they would basically have an economy version of an EarthRoamer.

In last 2 years I have been all over the country, primarily in remote wilderness areas. After gutting the camper and reassembling it with about 1000 screws, lol, it's still tight as a drum

I'll have a more detailed post to offer after I get back to St. George, UT.

If there's no interest here I will post it to Expedition Portal, Craigslist and or eBay

I'm asking $15,000 with no wiggle room at this point. This will include everything on rig minus most hand tools and personal items. Including 305 watts solar, Dickinson Marine propane furnace, Nature's Head toilet, etc.

That will be more firmly defined later

I am open to some partial trade that may interest me, I e.:
1. Cargo trailer, prefer enclosed
2. Remote off grid piece of land with 3 seasons of mild weather
3. Above average fuel efficient vehicle, prefer truck
4. 2nd amendment items
5. Yurt or similar

If your interest is piqued look at my build thread in my signature. There's a lot of info there, do your research. If you do Facebook I can direct you more info there. PM me for FB, phone, email contact info.

Pics are day after fire

More info soon.

Peace,
Mark

Attachments

• 20210527_070715_resize_83.jpg
    20210527_070715_resize_83.jpg
    323.9 KB · Views: 46
  • 20210527_135532_resize_96.jpg
    20210527_135532_resize_96.jpg
    269.7 KB · Views: 26
  • 20210527_134842_resize_6.jpg
    20210527_134842_resize_6.jpg
    269.3 KB · Views: 35
  • 20210527_135555_resize_3.jpg
    20210527_135555_resize_3.jpg
    282.4 KB · Views: 27
  • 20210527_134800_resize_75.jpg
    20210527_134800_resize_75.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 31
Sorry this has happened....wow. I hope things go better for you with the next rig.

In the future I would always avoid blocking the radiator airflow, it tends to increase the underhood temps, especially in summer, and especially on a hard pull.

I don't know if that contributed to the fire. But still, I would advise against it.

Appreciate the concern but the airflow issue is addressed in build thread, iirc
Was not a contributing factor with fire.

I've heard others speak well of that duel fuel Champion, specifically the propane.

I'd take the time until winter season to figure out how to deal with everything, if possible. Parting out in Quartzsite might be worth considering.

Good luck.

Hard to find exterior plastic parts for a camper unless they are generic pieces that are industry standard items such as vinyl inserts, vents and such.

There was NO damage to camper.
Damage appears to be limited to engine bay

I really like the dual fuel genie, never ran gas, always propane. Got less than 20 hrs on it.

just curious why you didn't post this ad in the Trading Post section? seems like people looking for a vehicle damaged or not would look there instead of Chit chat...good luck with sale!

@txmnjim
My thinking was to give any interested crvl member a heads up that it was going to be listed soon

I wanted to do a detailed post of the rig and I have been on the other side of the country from the rig since a couple of days after the fire, w/o detailed pics.
Didn't plan it that way.

I'm actually heading out today from Oxford MS headed to UT, where rig is
Intention is to post an ad here and other sites next week.

I could see that selling to someone local on expedition portal or wander the west.

Good luck with the sell