Window coverings?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shelaghc

Reaction score
This may be a weird question and I may be using the wrong forum. If so, apologies and please tell me where it should go instead.

Has anyone ever used those silver insulated bags that come with food delivery to make their car window coverings (instead of Reflectix)?

I have friends who get these things almost every week and are always trying to find places to get rid of them. I thought it might be a good hack.

Comments?

I will be interested in the answers to this. Sounds intriguing and possibly cost effective.

Sofisintown said:
Search "Window covers" here:

https://vanlivingforum.com/search/

There are a few dozens of threads on the subject as it is a common question.
I didn't see anyone else posting about them so I posted the question under insulation.
Thank you for the suggestion so I could find the right place.

Shyian said:
I will be interested in the answers to this.  Sounds intriguing and possibly cost effective.

Frankly, right now, I'm getting bupkiss for answers. I'm not sure if I'm phrasing the question wrong or if no one knows what I'm referring to about the bags.
I even included a photo of one of the bags. One person asked me about pizza smells, the other told me the food delivery services aren't available on BLM or small towns.

I think I'm just going to try it myself for an upcoming car camping trip (sleeping in my car) and see what happens.

Wow, I was making a joke, I even put a LOL and a just kidding in there.

When you said food delivery bags my first thought was Pizza delivery. As that is the only type I have ever seen. Those other food delivery services are super expensive so I never use them.

Highdesertranger

Sorry - I was skimming and obviously feeling impatient.

My apologies for the unwarranted criticism.

FYI - I don't get these either for the same reason as you.
However, I also stated in my post that I know people who have so many of these bags they don't know what to do with them.

There has to be all kinds of things that can be done with them from useful to crafting.

Looks like you could make solar ovens

My wife and I covered our truck windows with cheap WalMart sunshade (silver reflective) but we use it not for just privacy because we're sleeping in a tent but rather more for keeping our dogs cool on hot days plus they bark at everything so this way it limits their viewing options. I don't believe the bags you speak of would work very well since they tend to be thinner and tears

Get the cheap windshield sum reflector from autozone. It's easy to cut and thin enough to stuff between the Windows with a credit card.

20211217_222327-1.jpg

Attachments

• 20211217_222327-1.jpg
    20211217_222327-1.jpg
    724.8 KB · Views: 9

Latest posts