• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Van Living Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Will Trade: My help converting your van/RV for parking in Southern California

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

concretebox

Reaction score
If you're looking to become a vandweller, but are worried about the challenge of converting a van or remodeling an older RV, then I'd like to help! You can see how I remodeled my van-sized RV in this album:

I can help with (or do for you) almost any repairs, modifications, or building for your rig. On my own rig I replaced the radiator, spark plugs, and ignition system myself. I also ripped out the old carpet, put down new laminate flooring, added a hot water heater and ran new plumbing lines, repaired the furnace, replaced the refrigerator, removed extra seats and built a desk and storage area.

What I'm asking for in return is a safe place to park my rig anywhere in Southern California during the 2014-2015 winter. The spot can be your backyard, driveway or something similar. I'd need to plug in (I can add an outdoor outlet at my expense), access to an outdoor water faucet to fill up my fresh water (I don't need to be connected all the time, just 10 minutes a week to fill), and be able to access the internet (I can supply a wi-fi range extender if needed). It would be nice, but not required, if I could move the rig in and out easily (for dumping the black tank, getting groceries, etc.).

I'm planning on arriving mid-to-late November and staying until March or April. I'm 32, a non-smoker and non-drinker. I do enjoy my e-cig and I plan on getting my Medical Marijuana card in California (I have chronic pain, I do enjoy getting buzzed occasionally, but never when I'm working/driving, and I don't like getting "high." I also have a small dog who is very friendly.

If interested, send me a PM and we'll discuss the details. FYI, I'm also a freelance Graphic Designer. Learn more about that at my web site: www.hamiltoninspired.com.

concretebox, I can't help, but I sure hope you find something, it sounds like a great trade!!

If you don't, I think you have other options. I know several people who ran ads on craigslist offering $100 a month for a driveway and got lots of responses and then chose the one they wanted.

Basically that's what you are doing except your offering to trade. I think you can do that just as easily with craigslist. So I hope it works out here because that would be best for everybody. But if not maybe give craigslist a try?
Bob

If you're still looking contact me. We're in Joshua Tree and may be willing to take on another person here at our compound ;)

I build live-in rigs and have several in process, maybe I can use your help.

Already have a camp area w/ hook ups, composting outhouse, and shower.