Will the directional antenna work with my cell phone booster?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

becida

Reaction score
Will the directional antenna work with my cell phone booster?

What I have is an older Wilson Sleek booster that has a small magnetic based antenna on a long cable. I'm thinking that I might do better with one of the Wilson (?) directional antennas and point it at the cell tower.

Near as I can tell the antenna has a Fme connector on it.

Attachments

• booster 2.jpg
    booster 2.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 6
Tip: The cable from the booster to the antenna can be FME ended instead of N ended.
FME cable will be thinner and weigh less than N cable.
Then the connection to the booster will not require an adapter.
The thick N cable and a N->FME adapter will pull on the booster's connection.

Too late now to go poking around in my gear to find my antenna and the adapters, I will look in the morning and post images of what I have and links.

Spaceman Spiff said:
Contact Wilson (I think they are called weBoost now) and ask.

(smack!) That was the sound of my palm hitting my forehead... thanks!

Can anyone tell me exactly what connectors, if any, I need to connect my weboost drive sleek (470135) to a larger pole mounted directional antenna? Thanks.

matthewd said:
Can anyone tell me exactly what connectors, if any, I need to connect my weboost drive sleek (470135) to a larger pole mounted directional antenna? Thanks.
When I wanted to buy a Yagi antenna and connect it to my Wilson Weboost I just called their phone numger the website gave. The person who answered gave me the part numbers for the antenna, the cable and the adapter cbnnectors I would need to make the connections. But just remember a Sleek is not their most powerful booster and your results will reflect that.

Be sure you match the ohm rating on your booster to the ohm rating on your directional antenna.

Thank you maki2, sounds like a simple phone call is the way to go.

Sometime back I contacted Wilson with my question, they have been busy & just got back to me. Yes you can! They included the p/n & links to what is needed to use a directional antenna with my Sleek.

>>You can use the yagi antenna with your Sleek, however we do not recommend it since the Sleek is made to be used in a vehicle. If you chose to use a yagi anyways you would need a coax cable to go from the yagi to the sleek. Below is a list of the parts you would need to do this:

314411 https://www.weboost.com/products/314411
955822 https://www.weboost.com/search?searchTerm=955822 <<