Will it fit? First Gen Sienna

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liberrygrrl

Reaction score
Hey All,  we're trying to figure out if the big bunk bed cot will fit in our Sienna. Why wouldn't we try it? We don't have it yet. We get it in April or beginning of May. My elderly mother who doesn't quite have the ability to take the measurements. We're getting a first generation Toyota Sienna and we have purchased the Disc-o bunk bed cots. We're trying to research the size but I don't quite understand the measurements. Here's the size of the cots: 

Outer dimensions: 81.75” (208cm) L x 39.5” (100.5cm) W x 36.5” (92.5cm)

Anyone know if this will fit? I looked up measurements but it's hard to figure out the space from the back of the driver seat to the door. We also want to know the most narrow space (probably between wheel wells) and widest part. Also what's the floor to the ceiling? 

Thanks so much, 

LG

Do you have a link to where you looked up the measurements?

Looking at the cargo dimensions it shows 86.7" from driver seat to the rear door so it would fit for length.

The width between wheelhousings is 47.6" so that's OK.

I think you may have problems with the height because it shows the interior height to be 41.1".

If the cot is 36.5" high then you probably wouldn't have enough space for someone to squeeze into the top bunk unless it's a small child.

PS: The Car Connection site also shows the interior width at the beltline to be 49" and that seems very narrow.

It would probably be wide enough for 2 people to sleep in but you would not have much room to move around.

How will you be using the van? Just occasional camping? Maybe a tent would work for you.

I saw one used in a Honda Element for sleeping a child up top. But thre elent has a lot more head room and a flat floor other than the wheels.

slow2day said:
PS: The Car Connection site also shows the interior width at the beltline to be 49" and that seems very narrow.

It would probably be wide enough for 2 people to sleep in but you would not have much room to move around.

How will you be using the van?  Just occasional camping? Maybe a tent would work for you.

We're planning to use it to travel but not full time.  We're really trying to avoid the ground and protection from the elements.

I have a 99 Sienna.   I don't think they'll fit height-wise.    If you could have the posts between the top and bottom bunks shortened (or have a shop make you some shorter ones) or could lower the lower bunk some, you might be able to make it work.    If you aren't going to use them in couch configuration, just shortening the posts might get you there.    Good luck.

Hey All, we're trying to figure out if the big bunk bed cot will fit in our Sienna. Why wouldn't we try it? We don't have it yet. We get it in April or beginning of May. My elderly mother who doesn't quite have the ability to take the measurements. We're getting a first generation Toyota Sienna and we have purchased the Disc-o bunk bed cots. We're trying to research the size but I don't quite understand the measurements. Here's the size of the cots:

Outer dimensions: 81.75” (208cm) L x 39.5” (100.5cm) W x 36.5” (92.5cm)

Anyone know if this will fit? I looked up measurements but it's hard to figure out the space from the back of the driver seat to the door. We also want to know the most narrow space (probably between wheel wells) and widest part. Also what's the floor to the ceiling?

Thanks so much,

LG
Hi LG,
We're trying to do the exact same thing! We just got our 2022 Sienna and found an XL Disco-bed on Craigslist that we snapped up. I haven't put it in yet, but yesterday I did the rough measurements. It looks as though the two cots will fit side by side just fine, but I don't think there would be enough height to stack them and put a person in each. We built the disco-bed in the living room and honestly the lower bunk is a tiny bit claustrophobic as it is. If you were to have someone shorten the legs BELOW the bottom bunk it *might* work. Let me know if you find something that works, as we have to find a way to fit a minimum of 3 (preferably 4).

On a side note, I know GTRV does pop-tops on Siennas, but they take about 3 weeks and they're in California. I suspect the Toyota warranty would be voided as well.

Best,
ECB

Hi LG,
We're trying to do the exact same thing! We just got our 2022 Sienna and found an XL Disco-bed on Craigslist that we snapped up. I haven't put it in yet, but yesterday I did the rough measurements. It looks as though the two cots will fit side by side just fine, but I don't think there would be enough height to stack them and put a person in each. We built the disco-bed in the living room and honestly the lower bunk is a tiny bit claustrophobic as it is. If you were to have someone shorten the legs BELOW the bottom bunk it *might* work. Let me know if you find something that works, as we have to find a way to fit a minimum of 3 (preferably 4).

On a side note, I know GTRV does pop-tops on Siennas, but they take about 3 weeks and they're in California. I suspect the Toyota warranty would be voided as well.

Best,
EC
Hi LG,

Best,
ECB
Have you removed the 2nd and 3rd row seats yet? I understand it's difficult at best and you have to deal with fault codes because the 2nd row has air bags and thus, wiring, etc. And I've also heard from a Toyota salesman it will probably void the entire warranty. I had thought about buying a 2022 Sienna hybrid and turning it into a camper, but these issues made me decide to go a different route.