WIFI Hotspot App for Android Phone

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerD

Reaction score
Straight Talk (Verizon) blocked me from being able to use my available data with the hotspot function in my phone the other day. Which I had been using it for 8 months.

To get around it, I installed an app on my phone called PdaNet. You can find it in the google play store.

You also have to install the PdaNet app on your computer. You can download at http://pdanet.co/install. After you install, you can find in your icon tray or in hidden icons. It was in my hidden icons and I moved it to the tray.

You open the phone app and click the checkbox that says "WIFI direct hotspot". When you do this it will then show you the name and password for the hotspot.

Then click the PdaNet icon on your computer and click "Connect WIFI" option.

It will then want you to enter the password.  Enter it and click connect.

Boom...problem solved. I can now connect my laptop to the phone and use it as a hotspot again.

RogerD said:
Straight Talk (Verizon) blocked me from being able to use my available data with the hotspot function in my phone the other day. Which I had been using it for 8 months.

To get around it, I installed an app on my phone called PdaNet. You can find it in the google play store.

You also have to install the PdaNet app on your computer. You can download at http://pdanet.co/install. After you install, you can find in your icon tray or in hidden icons. It was in my hidden icons and I moved it to the tray.

You open the phone app and click the checkbox that says "WIFI direct hotspot". When you do this it will then show you the name and password for the hotspot.

Then click the PdaNet icon on your computer and click "Connect WIFI" option.

It will then want you to enter the password.  Enter it and click connect.

Boom...problem solved. I can now connect my laptop to the phone and use it as a hotspot again.

thank you

Does the data pull from the portable wifi hotspot as it does with regular tethering?

Latest posts