Whynter refrigerator repair

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freenez2

Reaction score
My Whynter 45 quart refrigerator has failed. It runs, but no longer cools. Does anyone know of a place that repairs them?

I contacted them once about power consumption and they were very helpful. Try either emailing or calling and maybe they can try troubleshooting and/or recommending a local repair service for you.

email address is [email protected] and phone number is 866-949-6837

Thanks Sassy, I'll give them a call and let the forum know what comes of it.

Called the Whynter refrigerator people and spoke to a helpful rep. After taking my info, he explained a tech support person would email me in an hour and begin a dialogue. He also explained the most repairs can be done by the fridge owner with the help of support.

Lee, It's unusually good... I received an email outlining multiple trouble shooting steps that include images of the electronics and other components. Will begin work on it tomorrow and report how it goes. The Whynter techs are being very helpful.

Something important to point out to those who are using portable refrigerators or freezers is take a moment and check to make sure the fins that do heat exchange aren't clogged with lint and dust. If so, a pipe cleaner works well for getting that stuff out. It'll reduce the wear and tear on the fan behind it and the unit will run less.

Unfortunately, the trouble shooting procedures didn't correct the problem. They included swapping in a spare temperature sensor wire and verifying all other electrical connections were firm. Sent a note back to tech support that explained exactly what the unit is and isn't doing as well as asking for additional advice.

Rats! My fingers are crossed for better results.

The problem is coolant or compressor related and looks like a pricey fix. Have ordered the 65 qt model as a replacement and should arrive in a few days. S**t does happen.

How old was your fridge? It doesn't seem like it was that old. Are you going with another whynter?

Hi Cyndi, It was 17 months old and yes, I went with another Whynter. Also bought a three year warranty just in case...

Can you post the troubleshooting guide/steps that they sent you to this thread? It may help someone in the future that has problems.

I would, but am unable to paste images in the thread.

If anyone wants the instructions, let me know and will forward the email.