why did lenny quit vandwelling!?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
brahmon said:
i agree it’s his decision and right to quit however in hindsight he seems disingenuous due to his cut and paste answers spouting off the virtues of vandwelling.  and then he quits.

Just about every human on earth has had to make some hard decisions and some easy decisions, and maybe changed how or where they are living right now.

Lenny is no different, he sure as hell is not immune to the virus (we presume) or maybe he is trying to reduce exposure to others if he were to be a carrier...at any rate, if he can make a change that suits him, I don't see that as 'quitting'....the person who makes a decision that keeps them and others alive is doing the right thing....or so it seems to me.

I haven’t even got started yet and because of the virus already had to quit. Lol.

There is nothing wrong with taking a “time out” when you are concerned about your health. Self preservation is a healthy state of mind.

Perhaps the use of the word “quit” is a bit strong. Temporarily stopping an activity is not quitting.

The command “Cease fire” in battle doesn’t mean there will never be another command to “Commence fire”.

In my case... it’s just a delay.

All I see is speculation. Speculate away.

Has anybody contacted him and asked if he quit or is he just on hiatus till this passes?

From the tone of his message I got it that this was temporary. My speculation :)

you have a point, but he was touting himself as a vandwelling guru and his “announcement” mentioned nothing about getting back on the road.

Moreover, this could turn out to be a 5 year clusterfk and i don’t think he can afford to “ride it out.”

I have an idea...

Let’s hope he’s doing well.
Let’s pray he can ride it out as long as he needs to.
Let’s focus our attention on what we ourselves should be doing.

With all the speculation and evaluations of his decisions no wonder he quit posting here. I hope he comes back as I really enjoyed his posts. Being an urban camper could be really hazardous and difficult with closures and the virus, hope all doing so fair well.

oh cmon. we’re all individuals trying to eek out a living and we’re not allowed to speculate? i speculated and lost my ass in the market.

also, as far as vandwelling, he is/was a putting himself out there as a public figure which, in some cases, means open season on speculation.

Life happens.
Always have a plan B (and C and D).

To paraphrase von Moltke:  "No plan survives contact with an enemy."

Lenny will be fine. His life is never dull. He is writing another book and will use the mobile home as a winter base camp and still van life in the north in summers, once the lock down has lifted. He has vast experience as a backpacker and van lifer and knows when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em. Give the guy a break, please!

brahmon said:
i speculated and lost my ass in the market. 

Is this a good weight loss technique? :D  (Yes, I'm bored.)

speculation? Gossip mongering? what's the difference?

Lenny is doing what's right for him. Just as I am doing what's right for me.

gossip? nah. just calling him out on his hypocrisy. wish him well.

haven’t heard anyone else announce that they’ve quit in such a public way.

He can't be too public of a figure. I have no clue who Lenny is. Really don't need to know either ;)

Four pages of endless speculation about a simple decision that has nothing to do with any of us. This whole thing has been talked out. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.