Where to Park Overnight in Vegas for 3 Months?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scassell19 said:
 Only problem out here is the summer heat but i was in my vehicle every night with nothing fancy besides usb fans and this summer was the hottest summer in vegas history and so it shows it can be done. But yea come out here in the winter and its a stealth vandwell paradise

Wow, can you elaborate how you withstood the temperatures at night during the summer?  Just USB fans?

matrixdutch said:
Wow, can you elaborate how you withstood the temperatures at night during the summer?  Just USB fans?

No fancy tricks, just ran the fans like i said. Id run usually 2 of the $10 fans they sell at walmart. Id hook them up to battery banks. Had sunroof open enough for air flow. But i mean the real hot nights you just gotta tough it out, but its not THAT bad. I got told i wouldnt be able to do it, and also got told i couldnt vandwell in wisconsin winters (and i did 3 wisconsin winters). I can say though in vegas summers you dont do too much sleepin in past sunrise lol. I wouldnt really recommend vandwelling vegas from june-aug and wouldnt recommend vandwelling wisconsin dec-feb, but either can be done without a fancy setup as long as youre willing to make a few adjustments and be able to handle being a little uncomfortable at times

Confirming once again that ballys is doable as a self contained place to park. I'm there now, although I did stay in South Points lot last night. Big rodeo in town.

MikeRuth said:
To add at Bally's Enter off of Flamingo road east bound. Drive down the roadway about 500 yards and park along the fencing. Image attached++

Update and I believe others have mention this, the area behind Bally's is no longer available. They have turned it into a pay area. 
OP link https://vanlivingforum.com/showthread.php?tid=20277&pid=233911#pid233911

So I can tell you this, if you just need a place to stop and get some rest south Point's parking is still open, park on the outer skirts of the lot. Make your appearance quick and clean and I doubt you will be hassled. I pulled in Thursday night, parked, got in and went to sleep. Up and outta there by 6. 

I also noticed that on the south side of SP on the street there is plenty of unrestricted parking available. That may not be the case of SP has a special event happening, then that street is full up. 

MIke R