Where Most of Group will be - Arizona (September-October)

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are there tribe members in Flagstaff now. Thinking of heading there from City of Rocks, NM.

My family is tent camping in Flagstaff now, the nights are quite cold if you're not used to the temperatures. I checked the forecast and predictions are to be below freezing by this weekend. I am looking to go a little further south. Not much, just some slightly lower elevation.

I got to Flagstaff (A1) a couple of days ago. It is quite cold at night. Burrr.

I'm north of Flagstaff at the moment. Windyyy.... Was thinking of stopping in for a few days, but not really ready for 20's at night. May go on further south. Somewhere there is more active birds and other wildlife. Or good place to rockhound.

I'm near Sedona right now, but may have to go to Flagstaff for a few days here and there (heater will be necessary) for business reasons. Otherwise I plan to hang around Sedona (FR525 near Cottonwood for example) for a while before heading further south. Would be cool to meet a few more people from the community. I currently travel in a 29ft Class C and I'm also trying to sell our 37ft Class A (Safari Diesel, a palace ;)...

Chris (C-Cat)

I am in perfect temperatures outside Kingman, AZ. There is only 1 other camper here. Don't let the bad rating fool you. The road is rough, but drivable (slow!). Asphalt is close by. I am in a white Van and homemade white trailer. Location is Hualapai Mtn Rd on freecampsites.net.  GPS may take you to wrong spot. Keep going abou 1/2 mile from freecampsites location. The second drive is Okay. The first drive is very hazardous.

Sailing VANessa said:
Are there tribe members in Flagstaff now.  Thinking of heading there from City of Rocks, NM.

I'm near Payson (fr 9350 - freecampsites.com). Gorgeous area on the rim overlooking the most spectacular valley of green. I'm always open to share my campsite with a fellow nomad. Elevation is about 7300 with highs of 75 ish and lows in the 40's. Been here a day so will continue to be here for about 10 ish more days.

Great info relay ! I like it !!!
Years back had a relative near Williams... Piney forest country.
the freecampingDOTnet site list FR71 just north of Williams as available primitive camping.
Wheels

wheels said:
Great info relay !  I like it !!!
Years back had a relative near Williams...  Piney forest country.
the freecampingDOTnet site list FR71 just north of Williams as available primitive camping.
Wheels

I was in fr 71 last week. The turn off to that place is not marked, if heading north from the 40 it's the 1st left after you pass the campsite on the right. Very nice place - pandemonium and caravan Carolyn have videos of this place. Last week the lows were in the 30's and windy - had to run heater alot. Hundreds of cows everywhere.

Sorry bad directions. It's the first right after passing the campground on the left

Latest posts