Where Do Van lifers Get There Paper Mail Delivered To?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim D

Reaction score
Sure, these days you can have your mail delivered electronically but in some cases the government and businesses require a mail box. A P.O. Box is good if you are staying in or around a town but if you move from area to area that isn't practical.

check on Bob's website cheaprvliving.com. Many videos on the subject

Excapees RV Club Livingston Texas as well as a P.O. Box when we seasonally work.

My legal address is a friends home who I’ve known for over 40 years and is also my attorney. He & my accountant takes care of my shit the 7 months when I’m not in Michigan and often when I am cause I don’t wanna b bothered by boring logistical financial paperwork bullshit……

I mean GEEESH! I have a life to live.
INTJohn

General delivery. Most post offices will hold the mail for you for 30 days.

Go to the USPS website for exact directions.

Many private mail box companies, such as The UPS Store or Postal Annex will receive stuff for you, you don't even have to have a box with them. They'll charge you of course.

My snail mail goes to my sister, and I pick it up, or, if it's important, she forwards it to me. I have a Postal Annex box near my usual summer headquarters, which I keep all year round. I also make use of post office general delivery, ansd sometimes just rent a PO box for 3 months.

Another with Escapees RV club. The bonus is that escapees will provide you with a legit domicile address, too. Can’t use a PO Box as your domicile address.

Another with Escapees RV club. The bonus is that escapees will provide you with a legit domicile address, too. Can’t use a PO Box as your domicile address.
This is the kind of thing I'm looking for but they don't have much in Nevada. I'm talking about ALL of their services not just the mail. I may use their mail service as I'm paying $190 a year for a P.O. box right now. I'm not in my van yet and am just getting my options together right now for when I have to go live in my van. I really like this "Escapees" services and I wish they had more RV parks and services in Nevada. :) I'm on Medicaid and you cannot use the Medicaid you get in one state in another state. I like the idea of traveling from state to state but if your on Medicaid it's a no no. Medicare and private insurance may let you go wherever but Medicaid won't. I definitely am going to research their mail service, sounds perfect.

If only...there was a perfect solution for convenience for health care, car registration plus insurance and domicile location, mail service and sometimes job income too ...and it was all free within a perfect climate zone with lots of free year around camp sites!!! But there is no such thing. This is one of those forum subjects where there is no one best, easy answer.

Pahrump, Nevada has two mailbox services (there may be others).

Sunseekers Mail Service Mailbox Rental (775) 727-5834, 50 Emery St, Pahrump, NV 89048
Near NV-160 & East Basin

Mail Messages & More, (775) 727-6222, 1970 N Leslie St Pahrump, NV 89060
Leslie and Mesquite

Note that Mail Messages & More works with HOWA on van builds.

Caveat: I haven't used either service.

South Dakota seems like the best place to domicile if you will mainly be in the west, and you make enough money to have to pay income tax. They are very accommodating. Everything (license, registration, insurance, etc) is pretty cheap. 1 night residency. No yearly inspections (unlike TX). Renew license every 5 years, and you do have to show up for that.

If you qualify for medicaid, there are better states I'm sure.

Does your mailing address have to coincide with your domicile? :unsure: I can see why it would be a good idea...

Does your mailing address have to coincide with your domicile? :unsure: I can see why it would be a good idea...
No. I started using PO boxes a number of years ago, when I had trouble with someone stealing my mail. At one especially hectic time, I had three PO boxes, plus where I actually lived!

Right now, I get some mail at my domicile address, including legal stuff. I also have a Postal Annex box in a town close to where I spend my summers, where I receive both packages and mail. When I'm in Quartzsite I use a shipper to receive packages, and I also had a PO box in Blythe, because the Quartzsite PO is pretty terrible, they lose stuff a lot.

Pahrump, Nevada has two mailbox services (there may be others).

Sunseekers Mail Service Mailbox Rental (775) 727-5834, 50 Emery St, Pahrump, NV 89048
Near NV-160 & East Basin

Mail Messages & More, (775) 727-6222, 1970 N Leslie St Pahrump, NV 89060
Leslie and Mesquite

Note that Mail Messages & More works with HOWA on van builds.

Caveat: I haven't used either service.
I'll check this service out since I'm going to try to stay in Northern Nevada because of my Medicaid. I live in Las Vegas right now and I hate the summers.

Sure, these days you can have your mail delivered electronically but in some cases the government and businesses require a mail box. A P.O. Box is good if you are staying in or around a town but if you move from area to area that isn't practical.
I’m using “iPostal1”(.com)…service address is FL but there are others offering ‘physical address’ to satisfy certain businesses/companies.

General delivery. Most post offices will hold the mail for you for 30 days.

Go to the USPS website for exact directions.
Try other alternatives also bc USPS charges you for every little service! I’m using what is called a ‘virtual mailbox’ (NOT a P.O. Box) starting at $10./mo.

Try other alternatives also bc USPS charges you for every little service! I’m using what is called a ‘virtual mailbox’ (NOT a P.O. Box) starting at $10./mo.
I was going through You Tube videos and came across a guy who stated he had a UPS mail box address and everyone accepted it but the banks. I'm really wondering what's what with this and if it's only his bank or all banks. Anybody have any experience with this? I most likely will have to get a virtual address and I need to find out if the banks will accept a virtual address when they won't accept a UPS mail box address.

My bank (WF) accepts my virtual/physical address. I’m using ‘iPostal1’ (.com) for service starts @ $10./mo. I only get 1st class mail of which I have options for handling at min. fee.

Latest posts