Where are my fellow nomads in Arizona or near Arizona?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lora

Reaction score
I arrived back in Arizona a few days ago after traveling around the U.S. and going to Florida for work and to see family. I am currently in Sedona. Where are all my fellow nomads? Looking to hopefully meet up with people I met from the winter RTR and maybe some new people. I met up with one friend so far but the more the merrier. Thinking of heading to the Grand Canyon soon. Anyone near there or have recommendations on dispersed camping near there? Anyone in other parts of Arizona like Flagstaff or Cottonwood? PM me or post here. Others in the area may be interested to know too. You may remember me from the winter RTR. I was in the white cargo van  :D Lora

For Grand Canyon, there are lots of National Forest dispersed camping areas along highway 64 (mostly on the east side) south of Tusayan.

Between Cottonwood and Sedona, north off highway 89A, is Forest Service road 525. Many spots there. Or off of Highway 260, south of Cottonwood, there's a BLM area off Thousand Trails Road, or on the opposite side of the highway on Camino Real.

I'm down in Phoenix. I do like to get up to Flagstaff and Northern AZ during the summer. Just to hot down here all summer. I do work so on off time the mountains are so much cooler.

Hi Lora, we are a few miles west of sedona. I am heading to Flagstaff today to get some paperwork and an access pass.(also some shopping) I am planning on stopping at the Visitors Center for Red Rock on the way back to see what amenities they have and hopefully water up. Are you near that area? Would def stop in and say hi!

I was just in the Sedona, Cottonwood, Prescott, Flagstaff and Grand canyon areas before heading up near Hurricane, Ut a few days ago. I was planning on heading back own soon for the RTR and may still now that it is off as it's still too cold to return to the Rocky Mountains for the summer yet.

Wabbit said:
Hi Lora, we are a few miles west of sedona. I am heading to Flagstaff today to get some paperwork and an access pass.(also some shopping) I am planning on stopping at the Visitors Center for Red Rock on the way back to see what amenities they have and hopefully water up. Are you near that area? Would def stop in and say hi!
Thanks. Sent you a PM.

jimindenver said:
I was just in the Sedona, Cottonwood, Prescott, Flagstaff and Grand canyon areas before heading up near Hurricane, Ut a few days ago. I was planning on heading back own soon for the RTR and may still now that it is off as it's still too cold to return to the Rocky Mountains for the summer yet.

Ah Jim, why would you say it's still to cold? We're only supposed to get 6'' - 10'' of snow tonight into tomorrow on the Palmer Divide.

MrNoodly said:
For Grand Canyon, there are lots of National Forest dispersed camping areas along highway 64 (mostly on the east side) south of Tusayan.

Between Cottonwood and Sedona, north off highway 89A, is Forest Service road 525. Many spots there. Or off of Highway 260, south of Cottonwood, there's a BLM area off Thousand Trails Road, or on the opposite side of the highway on Camino Real.

Thank you for the information. A friend and I are probably going back to the 525 road in Sedona tomorrow. Another friend is coming up from Tucson on Monday. We will be in Sedona until Wednesday. We are then headed to the Grand Canyon. If anyone wants to join us in Sedona or the Grand Canyan PM me. The more the merrier.

Lora said:
Thank you for the information. A friend and I are probably going back to the 525 road in Sedona tomorrow. Another friend is coming up from Tucson on Monday. We will be in Sedona until Wednesday. We are then headed to the Grand Canyon. If anyone wants to join us in Sedona or the Grand Canyan PM me. The more the merrier.

I meant to state that we are just outside of Sedona on the 525 road between Cottonwood and Sedona

Lora&Co, what a nice fun afternoon! I'm glad you posted this here query. Stay safe, hope to see ya soon!

Thank you B and B. Nice hanging out with you on a spectacularly beautiful afternoon. Nice eats and good conversation. Happy trails, Steve

Wabbit said:
Lora&Co, what a nice fun afternoon! I'm glad you posted this here query. Stay safe, hope to see ya soon!

I am glad I posted the inquiry too. I enjoyed hanging out with you guys. Looking forward to seeing you both again :)

masterplumber said:
Ah Jim, why would you say it's still to cold? We're only supposed to get 6'' - 10'' of snow tonight into tomorrow on the Palmer Divide.

I know better than to come back too soon. It's cold at 10,000 ft still.

Thank you Cyndi. I am hanging out in Williams now with a friend. Plan on heading to Flag in a few days. Sure wish you were here. I miss you. HUGS

grammahugababy said:
Thank you Cyndi.  I am hanging out in Williams now with a friend.  Plan on heading to Flag in a few days.  Sure wish you were here.  I miss you.  HUGS

I'm in the Flag area now.  I was planning in the fall to hike the Arizona Trail from Mexico to Utah as a thru hike.  The logistics of all that are bogging me down so I have just yesterday decided to switch to doing section-hiking of the trail and I want to begin with the Flagstaff area trails, since weather is so great right  now.  Looking for someone who will be around a couple weeks, who I can leave my van with while I had the Flagstaff area sections. 

Anyone game for helping me with this adventure???  I would need a ride to a trailhead, and a possible pickup at another trailhead.  There are several in the Flagstaff area.  Since I am new at long-distance hiking I don't know how fast I can go.

Latest posts