What's for dinner?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
vanbrat said:
That looks really good I will be trying some curry stuff this summer. It is a flavor I haven't done much of yet..
Even better after a night in the fridge. :D

JDub said:
Even better after a night in the fridge. :D
Oh yeah. Many curries are way better after chilling in the fridge. Especially egg curry. If you've never had egg curry, it's amazing. Sounds super weird, it's super delish.

I'm finishing off a huge pot of chicken soup i made a few days ago....with almost 2 bulbs of garlic in it...lol
I usually make dumplings with it... but i'm trying to cut out gluten now.....i have too much inflammation going on.... :(

I also put curry powder in my chicken soup......sometimes dill....one or the other....i LOVE dill (and curry )

XERTYX said:
Oh yeah. Many curries are way better after chilling in the fridge. Especially egg curry. If you've never had egg curry, it's amazing. Sounds super weird, it's super delish.

Yes I have! Egg curry is actually big in England - I had (sadly he's passed) a good friend from E. London who used to make it all the time as a quick meal... Lord I miss that man...

Cheers!

Gypsy108 said:
I'm finishing off a huge pot of chicken soup i made a few days ago....with almost 2 bulbs of garlic in it...lol
I usually make dumplings with it... but i'm trying to cut out gluten now.....i have too much inflammation going on.... :(

I also put curry powder in my chicken soup......sometimes dill....one or the other....i LOVE dill (and curry )

Me too. Dill in everything from gravlaks to Hanoi catfish! I grow garlic. It's so much better when it's fresh and literally dripping garlic essence when it's chopped right out of the ground. I dry it and use it later in the year but spring garlic is special. I'm doing steak tonite myself.

Cheers!

Well, tonight was supposed to be a dry evening before another round of the spring changeover storms but ... didn't work out that way. After several nights of veggie centric dinners I had a serious hankering for a chunk of steak and here it is on the grill - despite the intermittent down pours that got in the way. Nice ribeye seasoned with Hawaiian style pulehu (grill) seasonings based on red lava salt and something I rarely do - french fries - just had a hankering. Not seen, sliced tomato and cuke salad. Hope whatever you're eating is as satisfying and good!

Cheers!

Attachments

• IMGP0115.JPG
    IMGP0115.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 6
  • IMGP0116.JPG
    IMGP0116.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
  • IMGP0117.JPG
    IMGP0117.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 6
  • IMGP0118.JPG
    IMGP0118.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 7
Tonight it was a chuck eye steak and a chocolate chunk cookie. Because sometime I just need to eat decadently.

Tonight it's low country boil with coleslaw, home made cocktail sauce w plenty of horseradish and whole wheat rolls. Butter too - LOTS of butter!

Cheers!

Attachments

• IMGP0121.JPG
    IMGP0121.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 7
  • IMGP0122.JPG
    IMGP0122.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 5
Mmmmm Pizza... My favorite is pepperoni, onions, and jalapenos...

I made BLT’S

I love sausage & anchovy pizza

I'm actually defrosting thick cut bacon now so I can do BLT and egg breakfast sandwiches! Mmmmmm.... :D I'm an anchovy fan myself and include it on my homemade pizzas. One of my first stops back home in Honolulu is the Harbor Pub on the Ala Wai Yacht Basin for one of their fantastic Harbor Combo pizzas (hold the black olives add 1 can of anchovies please).

http://harborpubhawaii.com/

Cheers!

Hold the black olives ????? I could eat a whole can of them in one sitting ..
I love green olive pizza too

Black olives are amazing. Green olives too. When I make spaghetti I start in a sauce pan and saute a small onion and 3 cloves of garlic. When they're translucent I add a jar of good name brand spaghetti sauce. Then I take a small can of sliced black olives and add them to the pan then drain the juice into the spaghetti sauce jar and close the lid. Shake it up to get all the sauce out of the jar and add it to the pan.

Then I put a lid on it and reduce it for as long as it takes. Until it's nearly a paste vs a sauce. Good spaghetti sauce. Fantastic. And an added bonus it seems to be less acidic. It doesn't give me heartburn.

Last time I made it there was leftover medium well bacon from breakfast so I chopped it up and added it to the garlic and onion sauté.

XERTYX said:
Black olives are amazing. Green olives too. When I make spaghetti I start in a sauce pan and saute a small onion and 3 cloves of garlic. When they're translucent I add a jar of good name brand spaghetti sauce. Then I take a small can of sliced black olives and add them to the pan then drain the juice into the spaghetti sauce jar and close the lid. Shake it up to get all the sauce out of the jar and add it to the pan.

Then I put a lid on it and reduce it for as long as it takes. Until it's nearly a paste vs a sauce. Good spaghetti sauce. Fantastic. And an added bonus it seems to be less acidic. It doesn't give me heartburn.

Last time I made it there was leftover medium well bacon from breakfast so I chopped it up and added it to the garlic and onion sauté.

Your recipe sounds really good but I just can't get into black olives - never liked em. I like green, wine cure, and kalamata types but black ones are for me. I usually make big batches of sauce and freeze in single servings for fast meals. I also like to make pizza - really simple actually and so much better than most restaurants and take outs. Here's one I made a couple weeks ago.

NO Black olives! :D

Cheers!

Attachments

• IMGP0054 (1).JPG
    IMGP0054 (1).JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 8
wanderingsoul said:
Grilled cheese and bacon sammich. My favorite!

I had ham and Swiss with soup and coleslaw for lunch.

Hit the spot on a rainy windy day!

Tonight I'm having leftovers from last nights boil. Since I'm already recharging my GOLAB, I thought I'd test out my new Hot Logic 12v mini oven. I've got it hooked up now and it should take about an hour. It's drawing a steady 4w and has a glass dish that perfect size for a single serving. I'll post later how it worked.

Cheers!

Attachments

• IMGP0124.JPG
    IMGP0124.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
That Pizza looks heavenly JDub....I had some broasted chicken from Costco..and their yummy Sweet Kale salad mix...