What is outside your door?? *pictures*

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hippiechk said:
Where was this? Was there a tornado?

I just love weather!!

Northern part of Tarrant County (Ft. Worth Tx.). A class 0 tornado, noone killed just lots of trees and powerlines down.

Five Islands Lobster Co - Harbor 1  5-20-16_640x480.JPG
Took my mom on a little trip for a birthday
picnic,,, #92 !

Sorry , it's not a desert view but hope it'll do???
And NO , it's not Acadia (150 miles away), much of the state looks like this (this is 18 miles away) !

EDIT:
This is at the place that Downeast Magazine says they sell the "best" lobster roll in the state !
WRONG (buncha big city know it all's) there are hundreds of better places here !

Attachments

• Five Islands Lobster Co - Harbor 1  5-20-16_640x480.JPG
    Five Islands Lobster Co - Harbor 1 5-20-16_640x480.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 42
Boats in a harbor ? Perkin's Cove close enough?
Next closest , hmmm York , Kennebunkport ,Pine Point just N. of OOB.

Almost every town on the ocean has a harbor....
S. Freeport , Mackerel Cove on Bailey's Isl. , Cook's Lobster also on Bailey's , Cundy's
Camden ,Rockland ,Rockport...................Basically every 5 miles or so. As you go up Rt1 every other right probably leads to one ,or two or more...

THAT harbor...punch Five Islands Lobster Co. into google maps.
Georgetown....
As with everything there is always a catch,,,,After Memorial Day ,,,,CROWDED!
Then go N. of all this , Jonesport or further N. towards Machias

I'm about 30 miles N. of Portland.

I'm originally from Bourne out on the Cape, don't know Maine real well, but enjoyed visiting Ogunquit with an artist friend.

I used to do shows at Pufferbellies in Hyanis the Compass in Yarmouth and The Chicken Shack out on Nantuckett , loved the weather out on the cape but like here , too many people in season...............

rvpopeye said:
I used to do shows at Pufferbellies in Hyanis the Compass in Yarmouth and The Chicken Shack out on Nantuckett , loved the weather out on the cape but like here , too many people in season...............

Same here in FL, unbelievably crowded.

I was in Wells and Ogunquit yesterday(friday) and the parking lots were half full already....more crowded than usual before Memorial day. I have developed a habit of Thanksgiving on Ogunquit and Drakes beaches and overnight at WM.

I will not return to south or midcoast until after labor day, Going to Machais in Aug. The tourist level there is much more my speed.

They call us Mainahs  "Maine-iacs" but we prefer "Loon-atics"

Loonatic.jpg

Attachments

• Loonatic.jpg
    Loonatic.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 17
7Pk1lcO.jpg

Wondering why I didn't do this sooner. 

*cell phone post, hopefully pic isn't too large.

philliparron
Just checked out the links and have to say that your photos are breathtaking! And, "Pigpen" was so joyful and full of life. Great to see.
Thank you. Really enjoyed them! Keep 'em coming :)

Peaceseeker said:
philliparron
Just checked out the links and have to say that your photos are breathtaking!  And, "Pigpen" was so joyful and full of life.  Great to see.
Thank you.  Really enjoyed them!  Keep 'em coming :)

Thank you very much for the compliment. Yes, she is barrel full of energy and always in the mood for playing. Thanks for watching. Definitely more to come.

Hippiechk said:
be35831eae3e4c2746430b6a38dc892d.jpg

Breakfast is served...

Sent from my Z850 using Tapatalk
OMG... I'm thinking breakfast is the "little black snack on a leash' for the bears/coyotes/wolves whatever in the area!! :):)

Test.jpg

Just kidding. I'm still trying to figure out how to post pictures!

I think it might actually work!

Attachments

• Test.jpg
    Test.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 12
cherterr said:
OMG... I'm thinking breakfast is the "little black snack on a leash' for the bears/coyotes/wolves whatever in the area!! :):)

*laugh* In these parts its hawks, eagles & the like who are the biggest issue!

Free camping in Idaho right now:

Idahopana.jpgIdaho.jpg

Attachments

• Idahopana.jpg
    Idahopana.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 31
  • Idaho.jpg
    Idaho.jpg
    556.2 KB · Views: 36
VanGrrl57 said:
I'm at Big Sioux Recreational Area in Brandon, SD. This is the Chevy Astro Van I recently bought for $1300.00 and I have named her LenaBelle. :D

20160502_093029_zpsexmozaok.jpg

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who names her vehicles.