What is outside your door?? *pictures*

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to Spring Time in The Rockies! For all of you complaining about 90 degree weather, this is my drive today. 

IMG_20170518_095651220 copy.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20170518_095651220 copy.jpg
    IMG_20170518_095651220 copy.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 34
Fiesta island, San diego, ca
cb4fd74027b4b120786821125f732783.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

5b31ca9e8eeec757ed36ad32418e6a2d.jpg

Lake Shastina campground. Found the place on freecampsites.net.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lately it has been mostly birds.

Baltimore Oriole on Reeds--c2- IMG_1893.JPG

Attachments

• Baltimore Oriole on Reeds--c2- IMG_1893.JPG
    Baltimore Oriole on Reeds--c2- IMG_1893.JPG
    152.7 KB · Views: 14
Too big to try to capture in a photo. I'm going with the immersive experience. And readers will have to try making a mental image.

Currently camped in the Australian Outback. Likely to be 100 k (or more) from the nearest human. 02:30 and no moon. Stars from horizon to horizon, 360 degrees on a flood plain, 50 k across. Milky Way starlight is bright enough to read a newspaper. A Spiritual experience just standing here. Wow!

Dang tickle belly!!!! I'd love to see that!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My view yesterday - had to get to cell service to be able to post it!!

Where I was parked for the night was where the ice used to be a 100 years ago.

The pics don't even begin to do it justice.

Athabaska Icefield.jpg

Attachments

• Athabaska Icefield.jpg
    Athabaska Icefield.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 18
I would love to see that too Ticklebelly. Has to be awesome!

waldenbound said:
AlmostThere, is that Banff?

Yep, Icefield Parlway between Banff National Park and Jasper NP....absolutely incredible scenery at every turn.

The town of Banff btw is like Sedona on steroids... :rolleyes: :D - escaped there as quick as possible.

I am disappointed that I didn't get to see Lake Louise on my way through. I tried, - uphill all the way from the village only to be turned back at the parking lot. Apparently one has to get up at the crack of dawn to get a parking spot.... :dodgy:

Tomorrow, BC here I come!!

Wondering what that settlement/group of bldgs. are myself, AT. I agree, photos often fail to show what you see. That's why we have to go see for ourselves isn't it? Nice scene nevertheless. :)

That 'settlement' that you can see in the bottom of the pic is the parking lot/washrooms etc for the trailhead for 'Toe of the Icefield' trail. I did it first thing this morning before the parking lot and trail was cluttered with selfish, inconsiderate tourists.... :D

My timing was perfect - I was just about back to the parking lot when they started up the slope!

I've never encountered so many rude, inconsiderate, did I say rude, people as I have in the last few days! It's been all I can do to not speak my mind to a few of them. And we don't even want to talk about driving habits... :rolleyes:

... too hot for any rude tourists here in southern N.Y. ... but did get to cool off in Canopus lake ...

Attachments

• IMG_20170613_085044.jpg
    IMG_20170613_085044.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 27
I'm currently at home, and this is the view from the front door. Although the van is parked just to the left on the other side of the pond and would yield a similar view, so does that count? :)

Attachments

• untitled shoot-7521-2.jpg
    untitled shoot-7521-2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 32
A visitor!

I guess they don't call the campground 'Wapiti' for no good reason.

I'm waiting (and hoping) that some of the babies and their mamas will come wandering through!

wapiti.jpg

Attachments

• wapiti.jpg
    wapiti.jpg
    280.5 KB · Views: 41
its june but otherday i found this
e79d7221649e9283d8eb95bef32ea2ac.jpg

Sent from my VS425PP using Tapatalk

Latest posts