What could you build?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awilder

Reaction score

Attachments

• 5692794E-458A-4B96-BA9D-20EC6243AF80.jpeg
    5692794E-458A-4B96-BA9D-20EC6243AF80.jpeg
    248.3 KB · Views: 24
  • 0D6EC812-65DD-4B57-B4C6-D70624E68677.jpeg
    0D6EC812-65DD-4B57-B4C6-D70624E68677.jpeg
    169.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 9B4637EA-436F-4A9E-B6A4-3F66AE7A7A6B.jpeg
    9B4637EA-436F-4A9E-B6A4-3F66AE7A7A6B.jpeg
    237.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 3570DB62-FFAB-4C54-9ABB-F3F15325633E.jpeg
    3570DB62-FFAB-4C54-9ABB-F3F15325633E.jpeg
    226.6 KB · Views: 18
I won't go on face book so not much info.

residential windows = big red flag in my book.

highdesertranger

@awilder

Well, I think it cute and clever even though it has "residential windows." What makes one person happy makes another one sad, and that's what makes the world go around. Thank you for posting it awilder. It does have some interesting possibilities if one has a little imagination.

From Facebook:

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Seller's Description[/font]

One of a Kind. This used to be a 1973 Dodge Motorhome... It's been rebuilt into a flatbed. 53000 MI. Starts right up. Reliable. Lots of new parts. The interior is all new wood.

What would I build, I'd turn it back into a motorhome, why not? That being said, it's not my cup of tea.

Does look cute though, love the porch.

Hmmmm, Reminds me of something though.

Yeah. Think I have just grown tired of looking at white Chevy cargo vans.

Certainly unusual... Looking at the pictures I had this as the first thought in my head. Just live in front and you can use the back to haul goats... We shall call it... the 'Goaterhome'... Lol! Either that or put a porch swing or Bbq smoker on the back... it could be perfect for a traveling musician or medicine show.

Doubleone said:
Certainly unusual...    Either that or put a porch swing or Bbq smoker on the back...  it could be perfect for a traveling musician or medicine show.

That's what it reminds me of.

Attachments

• Littlepod onsite North Coast.jpg
    Littlepod onsite North Coast.jpg
    665 KB · Views: 17
Thanks mate, I built it out of need but thought it might as well look pretty. I reckon that 73 Dodge would turn out great with a bit of a restyle and as you say imagination.

@rokguy

Seriously, cool build, and I often wondered what one could do with one of those little cab-over trucks, now I know. And yes, one could make that little Dodge look sweet! I'd make a stake bed, maybe red (The Little Red Wagon if you go back that far), deep-dish aluminum wheels, With twin chrome pipes on either side behind the cab. I my mind's eye, it would look good pulling a nice camping trailer.

This weekend there is a Pumpkin Festival at a County Fairgrounds near me.  It goes 2 days.

If a Farmer who raised water melons and pumpkins had a rig like that, where he/she could overnight in it
and use the facilities at the Fairgrounds he could sell out a load of pumpkins and possibly go back for more.
I'm sure the rig would be part of his attraction.

As for the Farmer's Tail Gate Markets that would be a rig born for that service. 

As for a Nomad, I'm not sure.

I deleted a series of off-topic posts. It's important to stay on topic as much as possible to preserve the value of threads for forum members searching for information.

If I owned it I would take the whole homebuilt back off it and replace it with a small aluminium framed truck box.(we call them pantecs here) It would make a nice mini motorhome. again.

Beavertail tray back would be nice as a classic car hauler hopefully a Dodge car and swap between it and a slide on.

1-Keep the front enclosed, use it to put your bed, shower, bathroom, closet, flat screen TV, a few windows and a vent with a powerful fan.

2-Keep the back as a living room, close the sides, put nice big windows on sides, carpet/rugs on floor, cut open to put a door or a metal security door so you can enter from the front and climb in to the passenger seats when needed.

3-put as much solar panels on roof, vents with fans, and figure a way to put a solid platform to convert it into a sitting area for you or a few friends or you and your significant other put a few pillows and warm blanket with a bottle of champagne and watch the stars. Just make sure you have something to avoid falling over the sides if you get to crazy up there!

4-Build a foldable set of rails on the deck and even you leave/on the road you can fold them down, attach them to sides bottom part of the living room area till you get to your next destination.

5-install 2 foldable doors on the back. One door folds down to turn into a deck/porch with foldable rails and put LED lights. The second one goes on top to open up and you have instant roof/shade, put LED lights and put a few fluffy chairs for you or whoever... guests. When you go to sleep, close em up and you have security. You can also put a bug screen all around and you have an extra little room and keep the mosquitos out in the Summer yet enjoying the outdoors with a cold cold big glass of lemonade.

6-install a door on both sides of the box so you have 2 ways to get out in case you park in an odd spot and wish your door was on the other side, you have 2. Dn't forget the awning.

7-If your like me, you can option to have a killer kitchen in your living room area also. Dn't forget a nice surround sound setup and a recliner and a fluffy bed for "Fido." Keep it clean and leave very little outside things to avoid it looking like a pack rat, it helps to deter attention from cops harassing you. You don't want to look like Jethro's pickup and draw unwanted attention.

Cajunwolf said:
@awilder

Well, I think it cute and clever even though it has "residential windows." What makes one person happy makes another one sad, and that's what makes the world go around. Thank you for posting it awilder. It does have some interesting possibilities if one has a little imagination.

discouraging "residential windows" is not a matter of what makes one happy. residential windows have no place in a rig for safety reasons. automotive glass is a safety glass and does not break into lance like shards. it is bad enough to have to worry about surviving a wreck than to compound it with flying spears of razor sharp glass.

residential windows in a rig is very bad mojo