What are the odds

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TravelingZombies

Reaction score
Friday the 13th lives.
This morning on my way to the shop to get work done on my rig I got rear-ended. Fortunately I have a hitch on the back of my truck and only damage was the rubber cover for my hitch ball fell off. The other vehicle (a Mercedes) had bumper pushed in and grill destroyed, about 3-4 thousand worth of damage. It's why my vehicle has cameras mounted all around.
No injuries yet, the guy who hit me was driving his wife's car. With luck we'll be able to head towards South Dakota this afternoon, worst case we'll be heading back to the Olympic mountains and head east on the 2nd of September.

Attachments

• 20210813_085849.jpg
    20210813_085849.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 13
A nomad friend posted that a window flew off a passing RV and shattered against her rig —— but it did no damage. Weirdness out there.

All morning with customer service with the phone company. They hung up on me numerous times during the 4 hours, but in the end apologised for hanging up on me and promised a free phone and bill credit.

Friday the 13th ish but with a lot less gore. Then I read the news and found that the real gore was happening today overseas.

Think I will hunker down here just because I can.
-crofter

MrNoodly said:
A nomad friend posted that a window flew off a passing RV and shattered against her rig —— but it did no damage. Weirdness out there.
Now if that had been a mirror breaking all ovee the place, different story.
-crofter

MrNoodly said:

Well, we're not in Mercury retrograde but it's coming up 9/27.  It affects technology, communication and TRAVEL.

Ha !  I was in the negative but now I’m $50 available… no idea where it came from either… didn’t say 

Very strange…. I got an email earlier today from Patriot because I recently bought a cell phone solar charger….they invited me to take advantage of this great offer now… I told them I was broke …. I wonder if they refunded what I already paid them ???

I ordered the charger a few days ago ….
Today I have the amount I paid them in my account….. could it be ??????

My day started rough but my repairs came to $260, original quote was $485. Other issue isn't that bad and can wait which saves me over $600.
We did however decide to wait and leave tomorrow morning and stop by Glacier national park tomorrow on our way to South Dakota.

About the same odds as it happening on most any other Friday in the summer months that you are in a town running errands in your tow vehicle.

wow.. that's a long day of driving to get to Glacier in one hop from the coast.

leaving at 4am??..lol . 85/90 mph on
I-90??

Have a safe travel.. I'll be waiting to see your YouTube posts.

That is a two day drive for me. Eyes glazing over in the eastern Washington desert lands.
-crofter

It does not matter how long the drive is to a zombie. They don't really need sleep and they have that stare where their eyes never even leave the road ahead of them..

Made it to Kalispell Mt, tomorrow going to glacier and then back heading east towards South Dakota. Planning on arriving in the black hills on Monday morning.

very nice!.. how many hours drive to get there?

I love western Montana..

sweet . I see you already dropped a vid!

I would have been here in 9.5 hrs, maps said it would be 11.5 hrs so I made a few stops so I wouldn't get here to early. Total was 10 hrs home base to here.

I checked out Gillette (on the web) as a place to retire to a stick and brick, and maybe own a horse again (I have owned them before and had 20 acres in Michigan). I was looking at Sheridan at first, but was advised that Sheridan had become a Jackson Hole for millionaires. I was also under the influence of Longmire at the time. The thought of the winters is what killed that idea.

Instead, I drove under the influence of Bob Wells to Pahrump.