WestCentral Florida

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

I am looking into RV lots around the Dunedin/ Clearwater/ Palm Harbor area. They are SO expensive. Similar to a house rental! Is this normal? Any thoughts? Looking to live in an RV FT while working in the area pretty long term. Boondocking isn't an option for us and I feel probably not tolerated in the area.<br>Thanks.<br><br>

Hey Allison-<br>Couple things you might try:<br>Look for some businesses that have a "lot",some property, space.... number 1<br>&nbsp;and number 2, businesses that might like some additional presence on their property for the security factor...an example might be a lumber/building supply business that might fear a break-in and if they have enough of a lot for you to park off to the side and not right in the face of customers...they might like the exchange of parking, maybe an electric hookup for you and a night-time PRESENCE on their property for them...also maybe an SPCA ... if they have some space ...maybe you or your companion(s) might also offer to volunteer a few hours a week to help out.<br><br>Check the local Pennysaver classified newspaper for ideas and MAYBE place your own ad ... here's my wildarsed idea for wording:<br><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; WARNING!!!<br>&nbsp; Attention Business Owners<br>Prevent break-ins...let me park my RV <br>on your business's lot for added security <br>and a PRESENCE at night...let's talk<br>&nbsp; Call Allison xxx-xxxx<br><br>Just brainstormin' here.&nbsp; Good Luck<br>Dust<br><br>

Hey guys, <br>Thanks for the replies. The ASPCA or similar type establishments is a great idea. We have 2 kids so some places shady enough to need presence may not be a great idea for us. <br>Another thing I found....I did a search on craigslist and found several people renting space on their property or giving space in exchange for a small amount of work. Just an idea that is out of standard parks...<br><br>Allison<br><br>

<p class="MsoNormal"><span class="apple-style-span"><span style="font-size: 13.5pt; font-family: Arial; ">Actually I have been thinking of doing security on sites like construction sites.&nbsp;</span></span><font class="Apple-style-span" face="Arial" size="4">I liked the ad that is shown above. If I'm going to be on&nbsp;their&nbsp;property for added security I should get paid for it. I added the word "SECURITY" to the photo of my truck cap.</font></p> <div> <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size: 13.5pt; font-family: Arial; ">Here is a slight modification:</span></p></div> <div style="text-align: center;">&nbsp;&nbsp;<b style="text-align: center; "><u><span style="background-image:initial;background-attachment: initial;background-origin: initial;background-clip: initial"><span style="font-size: 18pt; font-family: Verdana; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: white; background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial; ">Attention Business Owners</span></span></u></b></div><div><p class="MsoNormal" align="center" style="text-align:center"></p> <p class="MsoNormal" align="center" style="text-align:center"><span class="apple-style-span"><i><span style="background-image:initial;background-attachment: initial;background-origin: initial;background-clip: initial"><span style="font-size: 18pt; font-family: Verdana; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: white; background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial; ">Help prevent break-ins and vandalism<u2:p></u2:p></span></span></i></span></p> <p class="MsoNormal" align="center" style="text-align:center"><span class="apple-style-span"><i><span style="background-image:initial;background-attachment: initial;background-origin: initial;background-clip: initial"><span style="font-size: 18pt; font-family: Verdana; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: white; background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial; ">at a reasonable rate.</span></span></i></span></p> <p class="MsoNormal" align="center" style="text-align:center"><span class="apple-style-span"><span style="background-image:initial;background-attachment: initial;background-origin: initial;background-clip: initial"><span style="font-size: 18pt; font-family: Verdana; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: white; background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial; ">Let me provide added security<u2:p></u2:p></span></span></span></p> <p class="MsoNormal" align="center" style="text-align:center"><span class="apple-style-span"><span style="background-image:initial;background-attachment: initial;background-origin: initial;background-clip: initial"><span style="font-size: 18pt; font-family: Verdana; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: white; background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial; ">with a highly visible overnight<u2:p></u2:p></span></span></span></p> <p class="MsoNormal" align="center" style="text-align:center"><span class="apple-style-span"><span style="background-image:initial;background-attachment: initial;background-origin: initial;background-clip: initial"><span style="font-size: 18pt; font-family: Verdana; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: white; background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial; ">security vehicle on your property.<u2:p></u2:p></span></span></span></p> <p class="MsoNormal" align="center" style="text-align:center"><span class="apple-style-span"><span style="background-image:initial;background-attachment: initial;background-origin: initial;background-clip: initial"><span style="font-size: 18pt; font-family: Verdana; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: white; background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial; ">I have my current criminal record check.<u2:p></u2:p></span></span></span></p> <span class="apple-style-span"><div style="text-align: center;"><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 24px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">Call …</span></div><div style="text-align: center;"><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 24px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><br></span></div><div style="text-align: center;"><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 24px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><br></span></div></span></div>

Johnny Canuck-<br><br>PERFECTO<br><br>Just the kind of thing I've been exploring<br><br>and<br><br>Your WORDING is better than what I've come up with so far<br><br>As the economy disintegrates, virtually any area is a prospective locale...doesn't have to be in a dicey part of town...crime is growing exponentially, especially property crimes so even businesses in the nicer parts of town are prospects...just wonder what "insurance" objections might come up??<br>Dust<br><br>

<font class="Apple-style-span" face="Arial">You can get a sign company to make a removable stick on sign for your vehicle. I would not do security work as such. But if I saw something suspicious would call 911. I would never confront a thief. Get a letter from the property owner showing that I have the right to be on their property. Go to the local police with a photo copy and copies of my criminal record check and copies of my drivers&nbsp;licence.&nbsp;</font><font class="Apple-style-span" face="Arial">The owner is not paying for security work but is PAYING YOU to park on his site. I have some more thinking to do on this. I would probably leave the cab lights on. Install outside roof mounted exterior lights on 3 sides with a&nbsp;variable&nbsp;timer. I don't see the need for extra insurance, but that can be discussed with your insurance agent. You can also look at being bonded.&nbsp;If it's a construction site it would be reasonable to charge $10. per hour cash. So if I'm parked for 12 hours, do the math. Here security firms only do the occasional drive by or are on site for 1/2 hour than leave. The company would still be paying for their own security. This&nbsp;arrangement&nbsp;is in addition to their own security arrangements.&nbsp;</font><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Arial; ">I'll work on a non legal and non binding agreement not holding me&nbsp;</span><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Arial; ">responsible</span><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Arial; ">&nbsp;for any damages or&nbsp;</span><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Arial; ">theft. I am only being paid to park there.</span><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Arial; ">&nbsp;</span>

Allison83, I'm in Panama City Beach and looking for a Class C or B and having a hard time finding anything that I can afford, so I started spreading out my searches and found that if you search further north into GA or AL you'll find many, many more.<div><br></div>

Be careful with the security thing.<br>I lived in the Clearwater area for 37 years.<br>I had a statewide firearms permit, G license&nbsp;and an unarmed, D license and a concealed carry permit.<br><br>Do not use the word security on anything. You can get into BIG touble without the correct permits.<br>