West Texas Falcon County Park

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

towboater

Reaction score
IMG_9132.jpeg
Arrived this afternoon. Has water at a lot of sites, shower house with toilets, washing machine, electric to charge phones at picnic shelter, dump station, and large clothesline area. Only negative is the grass needs mowed. Great place for free.

View attachment 34853
Arrived this afternoon. Has water at a lot of sites, shower house with toilets, washing machine, electric to charge phones at picnic shelter, dump station, and large clothesline area. Only negative is the grass needs mowed. Great place for free.
Maybe you can buy a goat while you are there and sell it when you leave or if you make a lot of friends roast it!

That's a few hours from Boca Chica ... but not too far from the Fiesta Restaurant in Roma, where you could get some yummy carry-out food and eat it at the Roma Bluffs Observation Deck behind the Chamber of Commerce on Water Street, overlooking the Rio Grande and Ciudad Miguel Aleman. There's some cool old architecture in Roma, and some kind of a birding center just off the plaza. It's supposed to be a pretty bird-ly area, IIRC. Sort of like rockets, but slower and with feathers...

View attachment 34853
How is the weather? If you have time, please share more pics.

Actually you're way down in Deep South Texas. Maybe you will get to see a Starship launch out of Boca Chica.
Yep, after I sent it I thought to my self why did I say west Texas. The dementia hasn’t totally set in yet

That's a few hours from Boca Chica ...

And rocket launches can be seen from hundreds, or even thousands of miles away, especially with dark skies...I've seen at least one SpaceX launched from California, right here in West Texas. Of course, it was quite high up, approaching orbit by the time it was visible, and it just after sunset here.

And rocket launches can be seen from hundreds, or even thousands of miles away, especially with dark skies...I've seen at least one SpaceX launched from California, right here in West Texas. Of course, it was quite high up, approaching orbit by the time it was visible, and it just after sunset here.
How cool is that? I had no idea.

What are your thoughts on the county park?

Did it feel safe enough to leave your camper if you want to leave the park for shopping or sightseeing?