West Coast SUV home with dog!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kodandi

Reaction score
HI. I'm Kodandi. I am based in California and prefer to travel just around the adjacent states. Got a very stealth and modular set up in my 4Runner. I prefer to get out of the car and into a tent, but I can just as easily unfold the bed in the SUV. Currently I'm spending the winter at an old (in total disrepair) ranch outside of the Pinnacles National Park. I've been doing this for a while and had no idea how much of a community there was until I saw a youtuber mention these forums. MY current issue is CELL SERVICE. T Mobile has terrible coverage outside of cities, Verizon has better rural coverage but they literally would not offer me a cell plan for less than $80. I have to drive ten miles for cell service and 20 miles for wifi so I would very much like to find a way to get cell service where I am. Currently have a foster pup with me, an akita-malamute mix, but once it gets hot I don't think I'll be able to host him in the vehicle. I just don't want to leave the poor little dude in a hot car so I'm hoping to find him a good home.

Welcome Kondandi to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

search through the communication sub-forum for reviews on cell service a recent good deal is a plan through Visible.

highdesertranger

Kodandi, for phone and internet I use Visible a division of Verizon and my monthly cost is just $25. This is talk text and internet, and I can use my phone hotspot for my laptop or tablet. Look into it, I am happy with mine.  Jeff

I pay $53. with tax for Verizon. Wasn’t there a post here for a spot in a Verizon group share? Could you do that? Maybe look for WiFi spots instead of paying so much. But I’m not online much.
If you’re fostering where did you get the dog from? Your best chance is to get a fellow nomad to take him/her. Rescues in that part of the state and all the way south are overwhelmed.