WeBoost sleek set up works!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 15857

Reaction score
I picked up the new version of the WeBoost sleek Cell Booster to try and get AT&T cell service at my campground.  This version needs a different adapter than shown in videos so I'm waiting for that and the directional antenna.  The cell tower is ~6 miles north and four hills away and without the booster no signal is showing at all.

I set it up in my vehicle as designed and using the little antenna went from NO signal to 3 bars and LTE!    I wasn't sure if I would even get a signal at all so that was a nice surprise.  Texts were no problem in or out, voice calls were fine most times

But, putting it in my trailer with the small antenna it needed a ground plane, so I got a large steel pizza pan from WalMart ($4) and the setup gives the same signal strength
sitting just 32" above ground, surrounded by trees and clutter.  I watched a video feed for over an hour with no problems.  The signal works best in the early morning and evening, And according to my camping neighbor that's as good as he gets on Verizon using a the directional antenna setup as described on threads here and at youtube.  I'll probably go ahead with the bigger antenna but for now this is better than I had hoped.

Daniel

What cellular device are you using it with? I'm glad it is working for you.

My phone is the iPhone SE. The importance of staying with AT&T is my enrollment with their DirectTVNow. It's online streaming of television channels, and it does not use any of my data plan. I signed up during the initial launch and for 100 channels I pay $35/month for life, no fee increase.

Daniel

I am interested in running the Sleek off of an USB External Battery Pack. I am wondering how long it will run on a 10,000 mAh battery. Any ideas?

jimindenver said:
my Sleek can pull between 1 and 1.5 amp

Thanks Jim. Your knowledge is always helpful. I found the refurb is back on Amazon and will give that a try.