Weber propane portable barBque?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akphotobob

Reaction score
I've been wanting to get a portable barbquer. I bought a cheap one from Home Depot and the regulator was broker right out of the box so I took it back. I have heard the Weber is a great one, but it is fairly expensive. Does anybody have one and how do you like it? If not a Weber, what do you use? Bob<br><br><br>

I happen to own the Weber.&nbsp; I bought it off of Amazon.&nbsp; It's well made and I've cooked some tasty meals on it.<br><br>One problem with is is that there is no grease trap at all.&nbsp; There is a hole in the bottom of the base to allow the grease to flow out.&nbsp; After a few uses the exterior bottom of the grill got gooey and I feel like it's lost its portability function as anything you set it on or store it in gets greasy.&nbsp; Of course you can scrub the bottom but first you have to take all of the pieces out and that's a bit of a pain.<br><br>I did notice that its a bit wind sensitive and blows out with a good gust.&nbsp; I use mine at the lake so there might be a bit more wind about?&nbsp; YMMV<br><br>The bottom has fold over legs that attach the top to the base&nbsp; for storage.&nbsp;&nbsp; When you use it you fold the legs down and it sits on itself.&nbsp; I don't like the design as doesn't feel sturdy.&nbsp; <br><br>Overall I think its kind of klunky to use but if it's your only option it will work for you.<br><br><br>

Thanks for the feedback Kenny. I'm surprised the grease builds up, I would have thought it would burn and flare off. I'm sure your right, the small size and portability means lots of compromises in design. But that is the biggest unit I could carry with me. The main thing is you think it is well made. I have looked at a lot of Chinese junk ones that I am sure are going to fall apart in a few uses. So knowing it will last is very important to me. Thanks again! Bob<br>