Weather

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattInTheHat

Reaction score
So I just saw a YT video posted by a local news station in CO about I-70 getting closed due to a slide and wanted to remind everyone to keep an eye on the weird weather happening everywhere lately.  As with hurricanes and power outages down here & probably blizzards in the north in the winter, the main roads & population centers will get attention first after some incident.  I've been watching a lot of Bob's videos lately about all the free camping and where to go seasonally, so I figure there's no small number of people following that advice.  They might get cut off from town as those forest roads would be the last to get cleared in a situation like what's been happening with all the rain.  Might be a good idea to have some extra long-term storable food even if you're way up in elevation (not caught in the actual flooding) in case you can't get back down.  Stay safe, everyone!  I can't wait to throw off the chains of this mortgage and dead-end career to join you all - gotta get these kids raised first.

Good words of advice. I try to eat fresh as much as possible, but also carry a week or two of canned.

I’m now based out of SW Colorado, living on my disability in quality employee housing just outside of Telluride.

The weather forecast looks good for the next week.

Reports are of a very good mushroom season, the coming warming should increase that.

You might try sun drying them, with a responsible quantity until you know you’ve got the technique.

That would also help in case of later entrapment.