Illness, accidents and medications

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Currently I live in Florida and honestly I have never been crazy about my Dr. Plus I picture myself rerouting all the way to southern Florida just to see her. But if I do end up keeping my condo at first, I guess I would plan all yearly visits (mammo etc) around a trip back. It's a bit more to contemplate. :unsure:

Lots of changes are happening in medicine. I saw yesterday that experts are predicting vaccines may be available in as little as 7 years to deal with cancers.

This is a lot easier to do than it used to be, because of the option of using electronic medical records. Many doctors now offer MyChart or a similar system. This makes it easy to stay in touch with a doc in another town, and to transfer medical records from one doc to another.

And it's easy to use: once you get the hang of it, the bulk of the "work" each time is in satisfying the security requirements -- the rest is basically point and click.
It's good they use 2-step verification for something as personal as your health record and I use that to contact the docs in the city where I used to live. The smaller health system that I'm hooked up with now in a more rural area of AZ isn't as secure and only requires a password. Their whole system seems wonky since I've received several bogus bills from scammers that probably got my info by hacking their billing department.

Sometimes I wonder why people can't find better things to do with their time and talent. If they are smart enough to hack into a healthcare system, imagine if they put their time into doing something useful! Sheesh.