Wanted: Travel Buddy-NY to Oregon in October

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dkuno

Reaction score
After toying with the idea for over a year, I finally gave in and decided to buy a van with the intention of living in it. I purchased a 99' Dodge Ram van with 97K miles, already converted for living. After two months of renovations, I'm just about ready to set sail. 

I'm planning on heading out to Portland, Oregon from the Catskills mountains in NY. I've done the trip alone in the past (in a car), but would enjoy a having a travel buddy to share the experience with. Currently, all of my friends have jobs/families that won't allow them to join. 

I suppose if you were at all interested, you'd want to know a bit about the trip itself and my interests, so here it goes. I studied film in college and am a photographer at heart, but most of my income comes from my position at a start-up tech company... I also do random internet gigs when available. 

I enjoy hiking, reading, taking photographs, an occasional beer and the sounds of nature. I'm not religious, but am ok with others who are....In regards to vandwelling, I am a total newb. So, a travel partner with a bit of experience would be super helpful. 

At the moment, I am not on a schedule. Therefore, the tone of this trip should be chill. I'd like to make it a casual trip and am open to any ideas and suggestions that can benefit the trip. I'd prefer boondocking but am open to campgrounds if necessary. 

I am open to both, male and female travel partners. We don't need to have common interests, but would likely benefit if we did. The only requirement is that you must have your own van/rig and essentials. There's no commitment here, we can split paths at any point for any reason. However, before heading out, its important that we communicate with each other, understanding each others' wants/needs of the trip so that we can both have the most enjoyable time possible. 

Thanks in advance. Please let me know if you have any questions. 

Ooooh Man! I just got back a few days ago from a solo trip to Oregon! Definitely want to go back but probably wont be until next year...am thinking spring-summer. Can send you info on where I stayed etc. and some great Natl Forest campgrounds..
LilNomad

Lilnomad I think we'd all like to hear about those

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LilNomad said:
Ooooh Man! I just got back a few days ago from a solo trip to Oregon! Definitely want to go back but probably wont be until next year...am thinking spring-summer. Can send you info on where I stayed etc. and some great Natl Forest campgrounds..
LilNomad

That'd be awesome and very much appreciated! Please post any info that you have handy and found helpful. Thanks for the response, I'm glad you had a good trip this time around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

there is another recent thread here for a similar situation going from east to west this fall or winter. might want to search for it or if someone knows where it's at post a link. highdesertranger