Wanted to share this artisan

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LERCA

Reaction score
Ugh. Sorry DesertDude I posted this in the wrong spot. Could you move it somewhere? Thanks!

My fantasy would be a Vardo (since two of my grandparents were Romanian and I’m psychic and a medium I like to imagine I have some Gypsy blood and would love a vardo to travel and do inexpensive readings/exchanges for other nomads.
The prices for most vardos are insane though and I’m an oily little thing so I really need a real shower or as close as possible. 

Anyway I found this company that makes beautiful vardos for next to nothing. Very basic and he also sells plans and will customize. It’s called amvardo.com if you’re on a super tight budget. Empty it would just be able to be pulled by my Honda CR-V but he has photos of them being pulled by cars so you can ask him. He loves to talk vardos. They are so attractive I keep changing my mind as to what I’d get if I got one.
Check them out. Let’s support small local (PA) artisans!
Edit: I believe the floors are heated which makes an indoor shower impossible but you guys know far more about this stuff than I do.

For summer living, the fabric top would be okay, but for full-time living, I would want something stronger.

I love vardos, too.

^^^Once you coat them with TightBond III glue and paint them with acrylic house paint they are plenty strong, the inside layer if foam insulation can also be helpful.

Not very practical, but pretty, so if that works for you, go for it. I wouldn't want to get one out on the highway, and hope it stays together in the wind/rain/heat...more of a local, or stationery trailer in my mind.

LERCAMy fantasy would be a Vardo (since two of my grandparents were Romanian and I’m psychic and a medium I like to imagine I have some Gypsy blood and would love a vardo to travel and do inexpensive readings/exchanges for other nomads. said:
Anyway I found this company that makes beautiful vardos for next to nothing. 

:heart: wow...very interesting LERCA !!!   I would love for you to do a reading for me !    If those vardo's were good enough for the gypsy's they would be good enough for me !   I follow a gypsy page on FB ...they post photos of some really extravagant trail trailers...incredibly beautiful....beauty and opulence seems to be a MUST for gypsies :

Attachments

• gypsy travel trailer.jpg
    gypsy travel trailer.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 17
  • gypsy travel trailer inside.jpg
    gypsy travel trailer inside.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 168400466_3919302931479665_3869358636178515011_n.jpg
    168400466_3919302931479665_3869358636178515011_n.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 14