VISIBLE was fired today.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On startup we could not find the SIM card.  Then we found it - it looked like packaging. Then we could not get the SIM card into the phone. So I handed it off to someone else to try -and fixed! Startup did take a while but no complaints since then. I bought a reconditioned android from them for cheap in case I didn't like it, but no problems with the phone.   ~crofter

Now, go to Reddit and get on a party plan... you will enjoy paying just $25 a month.

They make it pretty clear that one of the main trade offs with the cheaper service is no real customer support. I'm surprised they even had people to text with. It's not for everyone, if you value support then you need to pay a full cost provider for it.

So I had an issue with them the other day, and I "squeaky wheeled" the text only person, told them I wanted to talk to someone on the phone... and 15 minutes later I had a phone call from a real American human, working from her home in rural Wisconsin. The issue I had can't really be fixed, I was in a "marginal" Verizon service area, and yes, Visible customers don't have priority so it was not great. I could still get online but it was nothing like it was in the other area. Well, this is why i also kept  AT&T, and the woman who called me was terrific.

I found a really good pros and cons video for Visible (sorry if someone posted this already, if so I didn't notice). 

In the video they say hotspot and video are capped per the user agreement, but I have had higher speeds than the cap, almost always.

66788 I just got fed up with 8 hours of Visibles customer service by text then saying my problem was my ZTE R2 phone said:
Visible then wanted to run through the same tests that had been done previously, and said that next tier would contact me within 48 hours for additional assistance. I shot the damn phone with a rifle and I can say with certainty that the R2 is not bullet proof. 
I don't ever want to hear the name Visible again.
hahaha- very excessive!!! certainly there is a trade off- after all nothing is free! and CS will also be where a company cuts cost so they can provide an alternative to the OVER-PRICED big-boys! from the comments i see many others and myself have had no serious issues-

Hello I’m on Visible and have one spot left in my party pay group bringing the rate to $25/mo for all. Please send me a pm to join.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

66788 said:
I shot the damn phone with a rifle and I can say with certainty that the R2 is not bullet proof.

I don't ever want to hear the name Visible again.
I switched to Visible recently and I love it I got the Motorola G power phone and I'm in LOVE!
We regret seeing you leave Visible, but ehhm, more bandwidth for us.

I understand the problems started BEFORE the shooting, right?

I have been with Straight talk ever since my R2 phone died, and I love Straight talk. They have live customer service and you have your choice of AT&T, Verizon, or T Mobile towers.

Yeah, it costs more, but my experience with Visible's text only customer service was so bad that I spit on the ground every time I hear that name.

Interesting note: One day I put my Straight Talk sim in my old Verizon Samsung Galaxy S7, which is NOT approved for Straight talk use and not only did it work, but I have Mobile hotspot, voice to text voicemail, call filter, and VZ navigator active. I suspect that's why you can't activate the S7, but you can use the S7 with an already activated SIM on Verizon towers.

I still enjoy my visible plan. I also have an alternative, because visible service can get bumped when the tower gets busy.
-crofter

Well after mine worked great for 7 days, I'm having the same trouble as 66788.

The $59 ZTE Blade A3 has a display for mobile data usage and I noticed it increased from 0 to 5gb over the past week.

So now it says I have no mobile data..."100% used". It also said "6 days left" ??

I chatted earlier today when it was at 4.8gb and they reassured me it's definitely unlimited. Not today!

I spent an hour tonight chatting with CS to no avail. They said someone would call but since it was after 8pm EDT, the call center was CLOSED, so try again tomorrow. No 24 hour CS.

Thankfully, I was able to chat using my old Straight Talk hotspot. It's like all thumbs texting on the little screen, so that sux.

Try powering down for a minute, then restart.  Also check your payment method, also a reboot of the information if it was correct.  What I do. 

Some areas with a lot of travellers will not work. Last year in Q I got up in the early mornings to use the service. -crofter

It's working now. Back in post #15 Firebuild mentioned something about starting the app first, then connecting.

I specifically asked CS if that's what I needed to do and they said no, just connect thru the phone settings.

The data usage still says that I'm over the limit of 5gb and "6 days left".

There's a note that says that going over the limit may incur charges, so I'm wondering if somehow I will get charged extra.

Seems really screwed up, like the wrong SIM or something's not set right on their end.

We'll see when I contact them tomorrow.

I have had those messages also, but the bill never changes. A reboot is all I have fixed it with. If you plague CS too much they will send you messages every time they work on the system.  -crofter

I hope I don’t jinx it by saying this. But I have had excellent service from visible up and down the entire East Coast. And the cost is so little that I am able to add a few dollars to my emergency fund which is almost nonexistent. So even if I do experience some problems I won’t be changing unless it’s dead completely.

^
It's working OK for me now. It's slow at times but I'm in a rural area so it's probably not because there are lots of users nearby.

For surfing on my laptop and listening to YT music on the phone at the same time, it does great.

YT's and other videos on my laptop can be slow though. I don't think I'll be able to use Netflix,etc. streaming.

USB or wifi tethering doesn't seem to make a difference.

Both the printed instructions that came with the phone and the online instructions were totally wrong, so it's been confusing to get it up and running.

You can lower the quality at which youtube plays to help stop buffering.

IIRC, netflix auto detects best playback quality based on download speed.