VISIBLE was fired today.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I just got fed up with 8 hours of Visibles customer service by text then saying my problem was my ZTE R2 phone, and I needed to contact ZTE for warranty service.  I spent another hour with them, and they said it was a bad SIM card.

Visible then wanted to run through the same tests that had been done previously, and said that next tier would contact me within 48 hours for additional assistance.

I shot the damn phone with a rifle and I can say with certainty that the R2 is not bullet proof.

I don't ever want to hear the name Visible again.

20191129_150432_resize_49.jpg

Attachments

• 20191129_150432_resize_49.jpg
    20191129_150432_resize_49.jpg
    380.7 KB
I don't see anything wrong with it the hole is Visible to me. LOL highdesertranger

I keep thinking I should try to find cheaper plans but it seems they all eventually have problems. Thank you for showing me the troubles you have had. Hope I can help you out someday! You really need to use a larger caliber or practice till you can hit dead center. LOL!!!

I had that happen with my phone when I used straight talk...minus the hole in the phone. Got a new sim card and it was good to go.

I've been using visible for over 3 months with no problems. I only pay $25 per month, can't imagine not using them.

Hmm, lets see, a Visible phone is $19 and the monthly payment for unlimited tethering is $25.

A I-phone is $900 with plans from $50 to $100 that don't allow tethering.

I agree with shooting the phone, but just pay another $19 and get another one.

VISIBLE

Hey guys, I'm paying $40 a month for the plan. How can I change over to the $25 deal?

you need to jon one of the groups. there is a thread or 2 on it. highdesertranger

Thanks.... I just opened a new party plan. If anyone wants in for the $25 a month... PM me for the party name.

IGBT said:
Hmm, lets see, a Visible phone is $19 and the monthly payment for unlimited tethering is $25.

The problem is not the phone or the SIM card, it's Visibles lousy text only customer service.

When you have one phone and it doesn't see any networks and can't communicate, are you going to find some stranger who will loan you his phone for 8 hours while you try to text idiots who all try the same thing time and time again?

Assuming  they do send a SIM card, getting an address in Arizona ties me up while I am on the move and sending it to Oregon is useless.

There is a lot to be said for the walk-in big name cell phone stores.

Patience and tolerance are not always easy to acquire.

Riverman said:
VISIBLE

Hey guys, I'm paying $40 a month for the plan.  How can I change over to the $25 deal?
You can join my group at visible.com/p/maxminiparty

So far it's only me, you would bring it down to $35, I have a friend joining on payday next week which will make it $30, then one more perosn would make it $25.

66788 said:
I just got fed up with 8 hours of Visibles customer service by text then saying my problem was my ZTE R2 phone, and I needed to contact ZTE for warranty service.  I spent another hour with them, and they said it was a bad SIM card.

Visible then wanted to run through the same tests that had been done previously, and said that next tier would contact me within 48 hours for additional assistance.

I shot the damn phone with a rifle and I can say with certainty that the R2 is not bullet proof.

I don't ever want to hear the name Visible again.
You didn't say what the problem was specifically but I remember having a terrible time initially just getting it going. It had to do with trying to start up from the phone instead of the Visible app. Customer service was lame, gave me the same 48 hour timeline, but once I figured it out myself it turned out to be super simple. I don't remember what the fix was, but there ain't no fixing a shot phone, so it doesn't matter now anyway.

Riverman said:
I'm real happy with Visible.
Me too! Right now I'm uploading a video to YouTube, typing this, and watching a documentary on Prime all at the same time! Have not had one issue since the initial startup, which had its problems.

66788 said:
The problem is not the phone or the SIM card, it's Visibles lousy text only customer service.
I agree their service is lame, only because from what I've seen on Reddit and elsewhere tons of people have had problems initializing the service, which ended up being a simple fix for me (even though I don't remember exactly what it was). You'd think they would know this right now and immediately go to that solution.

IGBT said:

A brand-new iPhone 8 can be purchased from Apple for $450 - less if you have an older iPhone to trade in. 

My iPhone 6s, purchased in 2015, works great, and I won't need to replace it until 5g becomes a thing. Verizon unlimited plan is $85/mo, including personal hot spot. It's my only internet connection - cheaper than cable and fully portable.

In general, I believe in buying quality. If you don't like Apple, there are other quality phones out there. I've never been angry enough at my iPhone to shoot it!

It will be interesting to see how Visible customers fair out here in Quartzsite where congestion is already affecting regular Verizon customers and it's really not all that busy yet.

Latest posts