Virginia alters CCW Reciprocity

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnny b

Reaction score
Don't know how many here will be affected but thought I'd pass it along.
As of Feb. 1st, 2016 25 of 30 reciprocity agreements will be nullified by the state's Atty General.

Michigan, Oklahoma, Texas, Utah and West Virginia will remain as is, but the following 25 go away:

Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Dakota, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Washington, Wisconsin and Wyoming.  :(

If your permit is from one of the 25, you will no longer be legal to carry concealed in Virginia....
not sure yet how it will work in the other direction (how many states I'll lose).

Thanks for the heads up.  This is terrible news. My license is in Florida and I love the mountains in Virginia.

I was thinking of living in my van in the Appalachians from North Carolina and North this spring.  I wanted to ride down the Virginia Creeper bicycle trail again.  17 miles of fun almost all down hill.

When I lived on the West Virginia side in my much younger days we could holster our pistols and open carry in Virginia when we crossed the state line.  I will have to see if that is still OK.

My license was good all the way to south of New York until now.

May have to slightly change plans and head out West sooner!

I saw that yesterday in the news. Fortunately for me, I seldom go there.

Nationwide less than 3%(11 million) have a ccw permit.Less than 1/3 of the people who have a permit actually carry a gun.I don't think most people worry about it much.