Visa help needed!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maxine

Reaction score
I need to write some info that I dont have!
What am I going to do?
I dont know anybody!
:) Maxine

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Contact Person or Organization in the United States

Contact Person
Surnames 
trg_bk.GIF

Given Names 
trg_bk.GIF

[/font]

Do Not Know​

Organization Name 
trg_bk.GIF

Do Not Know​

Relationship to You  
trg_bk.GIF

- SELECT ONE -  RELATIVE  SPOUSE  FRIEND  BUSINESS ASSOCIATE  EMPLOYER  SCHOOL OFFICIAL  OTHER   

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=x-small][font=Times, serif]Help: Contact[/font]
Your U.S. Point of Contact can be any individual in the U.S. who knows you and can verify, if necessary, your identity. If you do not personally know anyone in the U.S., you may enter the name of the store, company, or organization you plan to visit during your trip.[/font][/size]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Address and Phone Number of Point of Contact
U.S. Street Address (Line 1) 
trg_bk.GIF

U.S. Street Address (Line 2) *Optional 
trg_bk.GIF

City 
trg_bk.GIF

State 
trg_bk.GIF
[size=x-small]  - Select one -  ALABAMA  ALASKA  AMERICAN SAMOA  ARIZONA  ARKANSAS  CALIFORNIA  COLORADO  CONNECTICUT  DELAWARE  DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA  FLORIDA  GEORGIA  GUAM  HAWAII  IDAHO  ILLINOIS  INDIANA  IOWA  KANSAS  KENTUCKY  LOUISIANA  MAINE  MARYLAND  MASSACHUSETTS  MICHIGAN  MINNESOTA  MISSISSIPPI  MISSOURI  MONTANA  NEBRASKA  NEVADA  NEW HAMPSHIRE  NEW JERSEY  NEW MEXICO  NEW YORK  NORTH CAROLINA  NORTH DAKOTA  NORTHERN MARIANA ISLANDS  OHIO  OKLAHOMA  OREGON  PENNSYLVANIA  PUERTO RICO  RHODE ISLAND  SOUTH CAROLINA  SOUTH DAKOTA  TENNESSEE  TEXAS  UTAH  VERMONT  VIRGIN ISLANDS  VIRGINIA  WASHINGTON  WEST VIRGINIA  WISCONSIN  WYOMING 

ZIP Code (if known) 
trg_bk.GIF

(e.g., 55555 or 55555-5555)
Phone Number 
trg_bk.GIF

(e.g., 5555555555)
Email Address
(e.g., [email protected])[/font][/size]

Maxine, the only way to get 100% correct information is to have a conversation with THE US Embassy Visa Services. I served in several Embassies and the people in the Visa services are very honest and HELPFUL. Be honest, have a plan of what you intend to do here and explain it to the personnel at the Embassy. 

You will be asked how you will support yourself here and if you have the funds to do so without working here. They may ask for proof of those funds. Getting caught working or selling products will get you deported. 

I can not stress to you how important it is to be truthful and have a legitimate plan. I was not involved with the Visa Services but was privy to the conversations regarding granting Visa's and if caught in one lie or bit of deceit the going gets tough.

Do you qualify for the ESTA program? Denmark is a partner in that program that eases many of the hassles of entering the US.

After speaking to someone at the Embassy and you still have questions post them. There are many of us on here who would gladly help. but any advice you get here is worth what it costs...Nothing. Get the facts from the source. 

I am not trying to be negative but unless you have a workable way to have an extended stay in the US without working, it won't fly.

If able use a Visa expediting service there in Denmark. 

I wish you the best of luck.

Thanks Gunny
I have another question :)
Can I buy a Class B vehicle in USA when I am Danish? I will make an USA insurance for the vehicle! I properly need an adresse, can I make that before I land? 
thanks in advance

:) Maxine

Buying a vehicle here is no issue, many tourists buy an RV here and sell it when they leave. As far as an address check with Escapees, the RV club. They can provide a verifiable address and mail service. Bob, the owner of this Forum may know of others that will provide an address. Just be sure you are dealing with a reputable company that will verify that you actually use the service and are reachable should the need arise.

If you do buy a vehicle and it needs a bit of work to finish there will be people at the RTR who will gladly help and expect nothing but a "Thank You" . As Masterplumber said there are many who have the knowledge and ability to help and are eager to do so. I won't help, I am a horrible mechanic, but I will give you moral support.

I'll post a link when I get home, but been following combivan adventure and embassy totally screwing him because of Nomadic lifestyle... 100% honesty may not be best route...

Latest posts