Videos of Roundtable discussions at RTR

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akrvbob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
At the RTR I want to shoot some video of round table discussions so I am looking for people to be in them. Each one will be 3-5 people. You need to have a good amount of experience in the topic and be able to speak quickly and concisely. If you are interested, let me know.  The will all be oriented around pros and cons, why you choose it, what you like and don't like about it.

These are the topics I  have in mind but I hope to add more.

1. How low a budget can you live on? Must be willing to tell us what you make per month and give tips how you do it.
  2. Why did you choose your type of rig (Class A, B, C, Camper, TT or 5er)? What you like and what isn't so good? We'll also include a tour of your rig.
  3. Which heater do you use? Mr Buddy (big and middle), Olympian, RV furnace, woodstove, etc.
  4. Womens safety and fear
  5. Carry a gun or not? Both sides--why not and why you should. Only reasonable people with thought out and researched arguments need to apply!!! Maybe a how-to about guns also as a separate video pertaining to legalities?
  6. Travel to Alaska. 
  7. Skoolie owners 
  8. Car and SUV Dwellers. How and why.
What other topics would be good for a newbie nomad, whether van or RV? Tell me what you would like to see?

I don't want to hurt anybody's feelings so be aware not everyone who wants to be in them can be.

Love this idea.  Especially for those of us who cannot attend. How about working on the road? Jobs people have held, pros and cons and pay?   Nora

Couple other topics that might be informational for a newbie (either as separate item or combine into another) would be other "security" options besides whether to carry or not (e.g. tazers/stun guns, some of the more powerful lighting options, self defense training, etc.) and a general idea of what a nomadic life is really like (fantasies vs realities, typical day/week/month's events, etc.). Also, maybe something about the "other" bus nuts that convert passenger tour buses (Greyhound/Trailways/???)

Also where to find and use internet connections in addition to Walmart, (ie. Crackerbarrel, libraries, Lowes, etc.)

I could be available for #2 and #3. I could do well on #1 as I keep very close track of my spending and income, but I've only been full-timing about 6 months.

Some other possibilities:
- What do you eat? How do you cook?
- "Going to the bathroom"
- Hygiene: keeping your body clean, hair cut, etc.
- Parking in cities: Will you get "caught"?, will you get in trouble? Will people notice you? (and how not to have those happen)
- Staying active and physically fit (I'd definitely like to help if you do this one)
- The main overall drawbacks of Van/RV living?
- The best things about Van/RV living?

I'd volunteer for #2. I was very deliberate in choosing a high top van of this length and I have a plethora of intricate reasons as to why. I could also speak well on 3 or 5, but I think 2 appeals to a more diverse audience.

Wonderful news!  I was hoping you would do this.  I would like to see examples of how people mount their solar panels.  There are a lot of threads about setting up the complete system.  I wast to see the different methods people use to actually attach the panels to their rigs.  I'm one of those guys who get more out of one picture than a thousand words.

FALCON said:
I could be available for #2 and #3. I could do well on #1 as I keep very close track of my spending and income, but I've only been full-timing about 6 months.

Look me up and then and I will schedule it.

closeanuf said:
Wonderful news!  I was hoping you would do this.  I would like to see examples of how people mount their solar panels.  There are a lot of threads about setting up the complete system.  I wast to see the different methods people use to actually attach the panels to their rigs.  I'm one of those guys who get more out of one picture than a thousand words.

I would also be interested in how "effective" solar panels of various brands/types are; both immediately and as they age.  For example, I have been curious for awhile about if the flexible solar panels that might help a van be more "stealth" because they're not as easily seen from the ground as rigid panels can become cloudy and more brittle as they age (like most other similar plastic products do) and what effect that has on the amount of power accumulated/generated.