video cam & software

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Florida boondocker

Reaction score
I'm looking for recommendation on video cam & software for making mostly youtube videos for my company
Thanks for any help

Florida boondocker said:
I'm looking for recommendation on video cam & software for making mostly youtube videos for my company
Thanks for any help

i own a painting company in Orlando, 95% is painting kitchen cabinets. Just want to make a few video's on how we paint them

DannyB1954 said:
You didn't say what your budget might be.

a little open on budget but just need simple program, just wanting to make a few youtubes for cabinet painting, showing how we work

Good, I will be painting cabinets in just a couple of weeks. Hope you get it on there by then.

Florida boondocker said:
  a little open on budget but just need simple program, just wanting to make a few youtubes for cabinet painting, showing how we work

Very good. Saying it was for business I didn't know if you were looking for a rig that costs thousands. I have zero experience with those.

I have used a Cannon 360 ELF and the video and sound were both good. They go for around $200. The Canon VIXIA HF R700 also gets good reviews if you like a camcorder. There is a later model of this but they dropped one of the record formats so the newer is not better. There are many free video editors especially if you look for ported versions of Linux software.

Mac or Windows? Or do you want to do it all on your smartphone/tablet?

I like Adobe Premier Elements. (not Pro)

Premier has easy (beginner) modes and expert modes once you figure out what you are doing. 

$100 on Mac or Windows. 

Will work with just about any digital camera format, including video files from your smartphone.

In case you don't already know this, if you have an account on youtube, you can directly upload videos from your smartphone or tablet right to your youtube channel. Then you can do some basic editing there.