Veterinarians in Mexico

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CatCaretaker

Reaction score
I've heard about the excellent and cheap medical and dental care in Mexico. So is there good but cheaper veterinary care available as well? Any specific vets anyone wants to recommend?

I don't know anything about Mexican vets, but your pets must be vaccinated against rabies here in the U.S. before they're taken over the border. Also, there are specific laws pertinent to border crossings.

Get it right or you won't be able to bring them back.

If you go to a farm type store you can buy your cats vaccinations for very cheap and do it yourself. Except rabies

My daughter used to live in Puerto Penasco (Rocky Point ) and there was a wonderful vet there.  Super caring, nice modern clinic and receptionist spoke English well and translated for the vet. This was about three years ago and to compare prices her boyfriend in AZ got price quotes of almost 300 to spay a small German Shepherd but in Mexico it was just under 50 and that included two follow up visits to make sure the dog was doing well. I went with her to the second check up and felt totally comfortable there. No aftercare included in the Phoenix price.  Emergency care for a very sick puppy she bought included IVs and treatment for shock and sepsis.  Kanga was in the hospital many days in critical condition.  I don't know the exact cost for that but when my dog got kicked by a horse and I got a 400 + bill for one Xray and some vet wrap, she was telling me that it was super cheap for the puppy- I told her I didn't want to know.  Both my dogs need dental care which is crazy expensive here in Idaho.  This fall when it cools down a bit I will probably go with my dogs since I already got my passport to visit her.  She has of course moved away because she is a rambling kinda gal.