VERY Newcomer!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peregrina

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am 83 year young woman and getting really excited about this new style of life! I have spent the last 3 months with friends in WY, hiking and camping. It is rejuvenating! I am getting a SUV tent to attach to my Trailblazer and plan to take off on the road. I am very much interested in WRTR and RTR 2019 and look forward to meeting new friends! I will be leaving from Louisiana.

Hi there, Peregrina! That's wonderful, that you've discovered this lifestyle and that it suits you so well. Looking forward to meeting you and hearing your story!

The Dire Wolfess

Thanks, Dire Wolfess! I am open to all constructive advice. :)

Welcome peregrina to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

peregrina said:
Hello everyone! I am 83 year young woman and getting really excited about this new style of life!
Welcome peregrina.  You have about 2 years on me, but you're way ahead of me in physical activities. :D 
Roam around... I joined in Aug 2018 and just discovered the red LOGOUT button toip left. :rolleyes:

Wonderful! and Welcome!
I am preparing to start once my kids are done with school,and will be 70 by then. I'm always excited to run across older women doing van life!

Hi Peregrina, welcome to the forum. I'm excited to hear that at 83 you are still ready for adventure! This reminds me of Stella Walthall Patterson, who at the age of 80 moved into a tiny mining cabin in the remote Klamath River Valley back in the 1940s and wrote a book about it, called Dear Mad'm... she is still a great inspiration for independent and adventurous women and I loved reading her humorous memoir.
https://www.amazon.com/Dear-Women-Stella-Walthal-Patterson/dp/0879611316

So happy you are able to still live your dream.
My mom is 90, soon to be 91, and doing very well. Not good enough for camping trips but she is on no meds and walking with only a cane for some assistance every now and then....still shopping and moving well and doing fab. I am super happy you are tackling what you want to tackle and enjoy the heck out of it!! You sound like you have a very young spirit in you :) best of luck!!

Hello peregrina!
Wow...you and max+sophia are inspirations!!

Latest posts