Verizon MiFi.......

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Hi folks...today I went down to Las Cruces and found a very helpful and knowledgeable&nbsp; young woman at a different Verizon store than I usually go to and she answered some questions I had about my service....<br>I ended up switching to MiFi from my standard 3g plan that used a Pantech 175 dongle for no charge using one of our phones free phone updates.<br>&nbsp;I am on it right now and will try it out in every way I can think of during the 14 day trial period. So far I like it and think it will work out better than the Pantech, I can let others access it when I am camped with them or they are visiting me here at home and it is $50 a month, $10 cheaper than what I had.<br>Does anyone have any experience with it?<br><br>Bri<br><br>

I don't have the Mifi, but I have a palm phone that sets up a wifi hotspot for up to 5 users just like your mifi does. I like it a lot more than my USB modem. I hated that thing hanging out of the laptop. Plus, I am planning on getting a Kindle ereader so I can download books directly to it over the wifi. And at some point I may want to get a tablet, and the wifi hotspot will let me use it. BOTTOM LINE: lots more flexibility. Bob<br>

After a long talk with this lady I had to stay with my internet plan as it had quite a bit of time left on it. Bob, I think you had said you were on a&nbsp; month to month arrangement with your plan? I don't know when it converts to that but mine hasn't as of now....probably not long enough. <br>The cheapest way for me to go was the MiFi. The cool thing is that I can be up to 40 yards away from my device and still use it with the secure wifi connection to it. It has an internal battery so it never really has to be connected by usb cable....it has a wallwart for charging....I still haven't found whether there is a 12 v charger...but if in the vehicle and I have me puter connected to the inverter, I can just plug it into the usb port and it will charge...<br>So far just great and it seems to have a fast connection and better range than my Pantech...<br>Bri<br><br>

Latest posts