Verizon has acquired Millenicom customers

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
According to technomadia, millenicom customers accounts don't appear to be transitioning to verizon, but just simply cancelled in november, with the expectation verizon will contact you with offers for their plans, maybe.

I guess its not like a smooth transition of your account over to verizon, with maybe some benefits for you. When verizon sold out to frontier here, frontier just took over for verizon and adjusted peoples bills to their plans...i guess this is more like millenicom agrees to shut down and verizon gets their client list for marketing purposes. Even during that transition, if you had a problem it was 'thats verizon's fault, call them". and verizon was like "thats frontier now, not our problem."

I guess this way millenicom can just say that its nothing to do with them, and verizon can say they are treating people like new customers, your problems or perks with millenicom got nothing to do with them.

I hope they cut them a deal better than 'Sorry your provider closed, please go to verizon.com and sign up with us with everyone else!"
http://www.rvmobileinternet.com/millenicom-update-november-billing-service-questions/

That's what they said when they took government cash to upgrade the networks but didn't for years. :(

If, as Technomadia claims, Millenicom didn't bill customers for November, and Verizon didn't get customer credit card info, then we ex-M customers will be without service November 1 -- unless V rushes in with information and offers to continue service.

I've decided to just get the best V deal I can -- double data, etc. -- before the end of the month as if I were a new customer. I have another year left on my 10GB V mifi, but just keep that and get another 20GB on the new V mifi. Then, when the old mifi contract expires, I'll add more data to the newer one. At least that's my thinking as of today.

This is curious. I figured I'd use up the rest of my Millenicom data allotment downloading videos, so I checked the usage to see how much I had left. This is what it said:

Did it always say unlimited? Or is this a little gift from Millenicom before turning us off?

Now I'm at 23GB and it's still happily downloading away. I might end up getting billed extra for this, but it's a gamble worth taking (for me).

The latest email on the end of Millenicom, from Millenicom:

We have been asked by Verizon to send you the following email:

“Dear customers: Please be advised that the plans sold by Millenicom will no longer be supported by Verizon Wireless as of 11/8/2014. Verizon Wireless is in the process of contacting customers. Customers can call Verizon Wireless at 800-233-8974 (8 am-8 pm EST, Monday-Friday) to discuss plan options in order to avoid disruption in service. As a reminder, Millenicom will no longer have any role concerning your account and Millenicom does not now nor will have any relationship with Verizon Wireless. Thank you.”

Yeah? And why can't Verizon contact us directly?

I got a letter from a reader of my blog who was with Millenicom that says they had a very good experience with Verizon , so there is hope yet for it turning out well for everybody. They offered her the same deal, but she had to sign a 1 one year contract. Seems very reasonable to me. Here is his comment to my blog:

I got a message on my Hot Spot device to call Verizon to discuss moving my Millenicom account to them. I called and waited about an hour on hold and talked to a young lady that knew what was going on and could take care of my questions and set up my account. They offered me to continue my account at the same data quanity, 20g, for $90 with a 1 year contract or no contract for the same package of data for $100 on a month to month basis. I selected the 1 year contract as that would fit my needs. She set up my account while I was on the phone and assigned me a new number and I was done. It was effective immediately. The date for service cut off given on my Hot Spot message was 11-8-14.

I was pleased that Verizon came through with what I think was a fair offer.

Except for the hour on hold, it seems like a good deal.

I went with the More Everything option because my old phone with an expired contract was with AT&T.

I'm assuming they only have a few agents trained about Millenicom so you have to wait for one of them. That causes the wait while lots of people call in.

Yeah, it seems very reasonable to me. It's still the best new deal going.
Bob

Well, it's the morning of November 1 and my Millenicom hotspot is still working -- after using 97.8GB, and counting. Maybe that will change on Monday.

This morning, November 2, my Millenicom jetpack is still working, but it has reset the data usage to zero and changed the end of the billing cycle to December 1.

I heard, though, that the plug won't be pulled until November 8.

Can you get another 100 gigs in before Nov 8?

Be the little engine that could.... "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can, I think I can....." ;)
Bob

Sounds like someone will be watching a lot of Netflix/YouTube in the next 5-6 days!

I tried calling the Verizon 800 number that showed up in a message on my mifi device. Over an hour on hold, and then I finally got a message saying that they were experiencing errors, and then it hung up on me. I'll try again at 8am on Monday. I already miss Millenicom.