Van opinions, please!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stretch

Reaction score
It seems rare to find one more than a just a few years old that doesn't have 100K+ miles on it. This has a couple of windows (back doors), which I want, and which also seems hard to find, but I don't know if the 1500 is enough. One owner, clean CarFax. Thoughts?

2013 Chevy Express 1500
$13,900
Body: 3D Cargo Van
Mileage: 57,255
HWY: 20 MPG †
City: 15 MPG †
Exterior: White
Engine: Vortec 4.3L V6 MPI
Trans: 4-Speed Automatic with Overdrive
nm9719q.jpg

^
Enough for what? Towing? Hauling a lot of stuff or people? Regularly in mountainous terrain? All of the above?

Well, hauling my living quarters, which will be a minimal buildout...no walk to wall wood, and some mountain driving with that weight. It just seems like I read here often that the 1500 isn't as desirable, but I could be wrong. I'm a babe in the woods. :)

For living quarters +stuff+ water,etc. the weight can go up more than you would think. Most here would recommend a V8 if there's any chance you may tow with it in the future or haul around quite a bit over the mountains. It seems GM guys would recommend the 6-spd over the 4-spd also,but I'm not sure. You might want to do some research on that.

Okay, that's good information - thank you!