van hotels in New York

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seraphim

Reaction score
[font=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]A story from AP Mobile:[/font]
[font=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]Van, taxi latest NYC lodging option for bold, cheap visitors[/font]

NEW YORK (AP) - There's no electricity, no running water, no bathroom.
But travelers to New York City bold enough to book a parked van for $22 a night through Airbnb do get a real bed and a spectacular view of the Manhattan skyline from across the East River in Queens.
"If you want a New York adventure, this is it. Great location, great view," says Rapha Schaele, a 23-year-old stude...
Read Full Story

Hi Seraphim. Thanks for this post sounds like an interesting read but the link seems broken to me

I saw someone was doing that with old school bus
not sure what they are getting for a night in a bus but if it helps make ends meet why not?

Here's the version from our local paper. This could evoke many different feelings for many folks. Some that come to mind are... I guess there's no need to be stealth anymore. No wait, surely the cops aren't gonna let just anybody vandwell in nyc. It highlights peoples resourcefulness, turning something that could be conceived as less than desirable (obviously not by those here) to the mainstream into something that provides $ in a place that is really expensive to live. No they didn't!...how dare they shine the media spotlight on this genre and cheapen it. Can you hear the giggles from the morning talk shows. Finally some serious attention to this amazingly freeing way of life.
Just a few thoughts from my A.D.D. brain.

d1544785c921429895513f2892b588f3.jpg

Wow, so you can sleep/camp in a vehicle in NYC and all of NY? How about Wash DC?

I was on AirBnB the other day, and thought I'd look into housetrucks and busses in New Zealand.

Yep...there's a bunch of them that you can rent, so this idea doesn't surprise me one bit.

I've also found sailboats & yachts in Hawaii for rent