Van Dimensions Sticky

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did anyone end up with ceiling height for a Sienna? The earlier post led to a link with none of those dimensions. Strange how hard it is to find these dimensions! I'm trying to decide between an Odyssey and a Sienna

pipelineaudio said:
Did anyone end up with ceiling height for a Sienna? The earlier post led to a link with none of those dimensions. Strange how hard it is to find these dimensions! I'm trying to decide between an Odyssey and a Sienna

2017 Sienna XLE Dimensions in inches.

Interior Height = 46.75 (taken behind the front seats). 

That's the only location I could get a true measurement because of plywood laid over the non-removable midship seat tracks.  My usable ceiling height is therefore 44 inches.  (It varies but this is taken about 3 feet behind the front seats where most of the action is for getting in and out).    

Length = 93 from the back of the front seats to the rear hatch 

Width at the wheel wells 48.75 inches.

I think this will be helpful, but it's more concerned with the side ribs. Howver, it DOES AFFECT the bed.  I'll still give the dimensions.  Before I do tI'll cut to the chase. Then, delete if necessary.  It's a 95' G10 Cargo and my side ribs not only curve but extend over about 6 inches on the top.  If you're new- following guidance of more experienced nomad/solar guidance it makes for a challenge.  For example: battery compartment.  Plywood was cracking and not very flexible with the solar components. I had to build a cabinet and recess into the rib area almost flush with the insulation-to save space and allow for safety and rigidity.  It will be a trick paneling the cabinet to make things look uniform
Also, furring strips don't sit flush.  Devised a different way, with framed studs attached to the bottom of the drip-rail type rib near the ceiling. Paneling/boards will go over those, keeping walls straight.  I will recess storage cubbies to provide more storage, thus maximizing floors space/compensating for the 12" loss (accumulative from both sides) in the bed.
Partition is not a flat one, conforms around seats and is boxy, and cuts into sliding door area by about half a foot.  I don't know what I'll do there yet.  It will come to me.

Rabbit

Model: Chevy G10
Configuration: Sliding side door Cargo van
Year: 1995
Engine: 327 V8
Average MPG: 16 MPG HIGHWAY
Floor to Ceiling height: 52 inches
Back of drivers seat to back door: 9 Feet, 6 inches (From partition-which will be included)
Width of side-door opening with both doors open. UNKNOWN
Width of back door with both doors open: 48 inches

Rabbit GM did not have a 327 in 1995. the choices were 4.3 V-6 or a 5.0 V-8(305) or a 5.7 V-8(350). The old 327 was produced from 1962 until 1969.

Some people like to call the newer 5.3L a 327 but it really isn't it's a 323. But again not available in 1995.

Highdesertranger

highdesertranger said:
Rabbit GM did not have a 327 in 1995.  

Highdesertranger
I hope you've been exposed to my demeanor enough to know I'm not a smarty pants, not posting this out of that.  But since you brought it to my attention I attached two photos.  We can take it off the thread if it is of importance to discuss, however please see the photos and add any thoughts.  My concern is that I've not been ripped off.  Don't get me wrong, the van is GREAT, clean, rides great, sound mechanically, just want to make sure nothing fishy is going on.  I can supply pictures of the vin on Carvana and my driver's side door to prove the year.
Thanks for bring that to my attention
Rabbit

highdesertranger said:
Rabbit GM did not have a 327 in 1995.  the choices were 4.3 V-6 or a 5.0 V-8(305) or a 5.7 V-8(350).  
I'm hoping my posts have proven I'm not a smarty pants or argumentative, this is actually out of concern.  I've attached photos, two show a 327 on the sides.  Please look when you have time, we can discuss this further off the thread if you feel it's necessary.  My van is GREAT.  Love it to pieces, runs great, clean, good condition.  But I do want to make sure nothing fishy's going on.

When you have time and thanks for bringing that to my attention,
Rabbit

Attachments

• IMG_4377.JPG
    IMG_4377.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_4379.JPG
    IMG_4379.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 9
  • Van profile.JPG
    Van profile.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
  • carvana.JPG
    carvana.JPG
    470.2 KB · Views: 6
Cool. That Chrome 327 emblem is from the 60's. I don't have a clue as to why someone put it there. Hasn't anybody ever said something when you went to get parts for it? Highdesertranger

highdesertranger said:
Cool.  That Chrome 327 emblem is from the 60's.  I don't have a clue as to why someone put it there.  Hasn't anybody ever said something when you went to get parts for it?  Highdesertranger
No, no one has said anything and in fact I've taken quite a habit of being proud of it.  Lol.  And I haven't really had to buy parts....yet.  A truck driver took good care of it.  Shaking my head, can't believe I was touting that.  Thanks for verifying.

Is there much of a difference in dimensions between a Chevy Express cargo van and conversion van (aside from the height from the topper)?

My hope is to do something close to a no build to start out so I wouldn't have to remove any of the already installed side panels in a conversion van.